Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is what happened. I was cruising home after a great day of riding, I stopped into a place that is part quick shop part Mcdonalds, by the way I live in Oklahoma, city, not to bad for crime. Anyway, I was sitting there in Mcdonalds eating a cookie and drinking a diet coke, and I see this big piece of shit cadilac pull in right next to my 10, I can barley see my bike, so I walked outside just to keep an eye on it, and sat down on the curb next to it and was finishing my diet and cookie. I see that the young males in the caddy are of white trash decent. Alot of that here in Oklahoma, but they usually don't bother you to much. There were 2 in front, a girl in back and another guy in back. None of them had shirts on. I notice they are staring at me and my bike. This was around 10:00pm, and there were other people in the parking lot and getting gas at the pumps. They roll down the window, and the driver looks at me and says, "hey man you got a key to that bike". I was the only person around with a blue matching jacket helmet. I said yea I sure do, the guys in front started looking at each other and talking, I thought that would be a good time to go back into the quick shop and get my cell phone out and call the police, but just as I made it into the quick shop, A COP STOPS TO GET GAS. Can you believe it, there when you need em. The guys saw the cop and casually pulled out and left. I went straight over to the cop and told him what happened, and he left in the direction they left, and said he would look for them and pull them over if he saw them. I have no doubt, they were going to try to get my keys somehow. Just a very strange incident, be careful, everyone wants a 10.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Scary shit huh! btw the wife & I were up there a couple of months ago.
Brick town & surrounding area's.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Well I guess this a good story, see cops arent bad sometimes its nice to have them around lol

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
deng man good thing that cop showed up

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Scorpio alarm with ignition kill and never attatch the remote to the key or even keep them in same pocket incase you have to hand the key over at gun point or they knock you from bike.

If alarm is armed bike won't start. If unarmed or running you have a bit of time to hit panic to kill engine and go the other way if they are dangerous (or catch and make them pay if you were just snoozing.) I'm sure they'd drop the bike when it shut off but at least they get no joyride.
Lojack for bikes now too but I'm not into having someone install it and lojack doesn't let you do it yourself as far as I know.

Glad that cop showed up at right time- thats messed up and I'm in Miami!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
interesting situation.....could have been ugly or the guy just wanted to hear it

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MAVRIK said:
interesting situation.....could have been ugly or the guy just wanted to hear it
It could have gotten really ugly, because I am not giving up my 10 without a fight, or some really, really fast running!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Vermont is GREAT......Very very very loose gun laws.....We can carry concealed on our Driver's License alone....

My answer to that question would have been, "Sure I got the keys and if you get past the S&W I've got, you can have em."

Frikken kids got balls these days?! What's the world coming to?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I've been hearing about that more lately here in DC.
Some guys I know are now carryign guns with concealed weapons permits.
I wouldn't want to kill anyone so I wont carry a gun. But then again, he might now let you live anyways...him or me...going to be HIM

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
rdandy5875 said:
eat healthier......you don't see that kind of rifraff cruising for a 7 gram turkey sub at subway.

that is some funny shit!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone has a gun they can have my shit, even my Porsche.

But NO-ONE is going to strongarm me!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
glad u and ur bike are safe

glad that cop showed up for ya man, would hate for u to lose your bike that way, should at least carry a pocket knife just for some type of protection, but make sure it is a multipurpose type where it has other tools with it, so it is not considered a weapon. Be safe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts