Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in need of a good damper, but which one is the best damper for the money? im torn between the hyperpro and ohlins.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i have the hyperpro rsc, not sure what the ohlins does for more money other than saying "its an ohlins" but i wouldnt pay more for the same device.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I have the hyperpro RSC. It is fine but if I had not gotten this so cheap I would have bought an ohlins.

I'm oldschool and prefer constant to reactive damping. Set it and know exactly what to expect.

Ohlins are prepressurized with nitrogen and have no "deadspot."
Had them on other bikes and loved them.

As for bling- beauty is in the function. My blk hyperpro works and looks good but more racers use Ohlins or Scotts/GPR I'd bet. So racer bling= ohlins.

If someone wants to, I'd trade my Hyperpro for a clean ohlins. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
these dampers...

i am all about the best performing RACING damper. but the best bang for my buck works too. surely a fluid spewing damper is unworthy....i thank you all for the feedback!

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks zx10miami......i didnt know they were a sponsor....but i just shot them an email....thanks again!:eek:ccasion1 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BDB10R superbikesupply.com Had a group buy going for $375 shipped, is that still going?? i just checked their website,....$449.00 guess not.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'll be checking with them when they open this am to see what the status of the G.B. is. You doin any track days @ Mid-ohio??

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no, not mid ohio...i cant wait to go. ive never been there before, but one of my friends has, he says i have to go. the only track ive had the zx on is national trails.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts