Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone’s interested, got an e-mail from the guys at Hyperplates today saying that they’ll shortly be producing their ally clutch plates for the 06-07 (not sure whether these are interchangeable with the 08) and the 14.

I bought a set of these for my old 750, and they weighed in at almost 600g lighter than the stock steels. Given this is rotating weight, and it’s located at a significant radius from the centre of the transmission shaft, it would reduce the inertia and your engine should spin up noticeably quicker. And, these plates are pretty cheap, so a mod well worth doing IMHO.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
nice, I got a set for my 04 a while ago, burned up the clutch pack but

stock metal plates
2 lbs .6 Oz's~
or 926.6 grams

Aluminum plates
11.8 Oz's~
or 328.4 grams

savings are
1lbs lbs 4.8 Oz's
598.2 grams

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm dubious how well they'd last on the street, and I'd imagine drag launches would kill them dead very quickly, but for road racing they should work well. I contacted one of the guys who they listed as a user, and he told me he was very happy with them.

Never actually got round to installing them on the 7, but I love the concept and I'm very keen to drop them into the 10. While I'm in there, I'll install the Factory Pro shift cam, and some ti bolts for the clutch plate to finish it off.

Aside from ti bolts on the cam gears, I can't think of any other easy ways to reduce rotating / reciprocating weight (but I'm always open to suggestions !).

Cheers,
Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts