Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who wouldn't want to share a good thing and help keep cyclists safe?
I finally ordered some additional lighting for the bike in the interest of being seen so that I could stay off the hoods of Buicks. I got a pair of 16-LED Hyperlites for the rear and a similar pair of Hyper-Whites for the front. The rear lights are always on at 30% brightness for additional running light visibility (and they are brighter than the stock LED tailight) and then they come on at 100% brightness when braking and flash as well (one can set them to flash for only the first 5 seconds or for the entire time the brakes are applied...I chose the former). They are VERY bright and cagers really seem to back off. Very cool. The front lights are intensely bright blue-white light that simply make you more visible. They look like small driving lights from a distance. They mount to the forks of the bike so the distance between the headlight and the Hypers makes you look bigger. The model I chose can also flash but they make it clear that they are not covered under the statute that allows modulating headlights. They are to be used "for emergency purposes" such as being stuck at the side of the road. I can see flipping them to flash mode for brief times to get just a bit more attention. Both units are fairly easy to install (and I am a klutz) so don't be afraid or have your dealer put them on. Great instructions, great products. I cannot recommend them enough (and no, I am not related to the company...I just have a "thing" for lights!)
Party on, Wayne! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
if the lights mount to the forks and dont interfere at all, i would be highly interested in them. i like running race glass all the time... looks ugly, but its light and i dont really care for or against the ugly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if the lights mount to the forks and dont interfere at all, i would be highly interested in them. i like running race glass all the time... looks ugly, but its light and i dont really care for or against the ugly.
No, they are out-of-the way and are quite small. I recommend getting the additional mounting hardware "brackets". They are very thin stainless steel that affix to the forks with sticky-tape and then the lights stick on to them (also with tape). The brackets are the perfect way to mount them. The brake line will be close to the right side light but it doesn't tangle or obscure the light.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
def post pics and a vid if possible!...........thanks....will check back!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Let's see if I can post some pics...
The first is the rear of course. The second is of the (lighted) switch for the front lights, the third is with no lights on (shows how clean things are), the fourth was taken before I got the aim correct on the right side (like any light, set-up is critical), the fifth is a close up of one of the front units, and the last has all the lights on. It is difficult to get the brightness to come across in photos. THESE THINGS ARE BRIGHT.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts