Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ACH HWY 2....Let's do it again!!! 08/23/09

Greetings folks:

So I want to thank everyone that showed up the last ride we did on this highway of fun....and I want to do it again!!!!:thumbsup: This time, I am going to ride up the back way and can meet everyone at the gas station in Wrightwood I believe. So, if you're interested in going POST UP!!!! I will be heading up the 15 (not the whole way...but will eventually have to hit it).

Who wants to go!!!
Where: HWY 2
When: August 23rd
Time: 1000
Meeting place: Gas Station in Wrightwood

GOING:

1. Jarhead05

Reactions: Hated.Or.LoveIt

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just be aware that the upper part is still closed, with no current plans to reopen. Awesome road though regardless. Ride safe.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It still lists it as closed between Islip Saddle and Vincent Gap, and when a called a few weeks ago they said that they weren't planning to reopen. This section has been closed for about 4 years now because of road washouts that they don't have budget to fix.

Are you sure that it is going all the way through??? I'd love if that were the case, but I was up there a couple weeks ago and that section was still blocked off.

Here is a link to the road conditions for HWY 2:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/angeles/conditions/conditions-road.shtml

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
it's open completely.. from the bottom of the hill (Shell gas station) all the way into Wrightwood! I did it last week! And they've repaved the washed out parts nicely. Smooth asphault... niiiiice. No po-po when I went; then again it was a Wednesday...

Let's get a couple of these local netters together and meet up with you!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok folks, I have another buddy of mine that is interested in going as well. I am in the process of unpacking at my new place...so it is going to be a couple of weekends, I have to check the calendar and see when the wife has off so I can have no restrictions. I still don't know if I am going to be trailoring up, that would be the most convenient for me...but I will post up and let you folks know when I am going...that way.

So, I just talked to the wife, and I am going to plan this ride for the 14th. I will ask for some directions when I figure out whether or not I am trailoring or riding. I will keep you informed.

SO PLAN ON THE 14th FOLKS!!!! It will be nice to meet some new people to ride with!!!:cool:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sorry I cant make it but just keep in mind the po-po (one motorcycle A$$h.l.) is hot and heavy Sundays cause he's on to which days most bikes shoot up there. He's freakin pretty fast too so if you see him coming in one direction and your rollin the other way haulin A$$, you better be sure he's gonna pull a u-ey and try to catch you.. I've seen it happen way too often!! Best to roll up with the guys who know the road! Why don't you ride Palomar?? Less Cars, bikes, and Po-Po, line a ride up later in July and I'll show up!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was supposed to do Paly today...didn't happen due to un-packing in the new place. I plan on doing that place as well, but want to get up there early due to the amount of "squids" I hear about:lol:

I am just wanting to explore new roads and I have heard a lot about HWY 2....trust me....I am not going to be doing 110....I don't know the road that well to be doing that....I just want to explore some new terrain. If I can get a group to meet me up there or even trailer up with me if someone has a trailer that has ridden it before, that would be tits:cool:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hwy 2 (aka ACH.. Angeles Crest Hwy) isn't a very tight sequence of twisties... Doesn't require hauling ass either, but no worries. Plenty of signage for recommended corner entrance speeds that are pretty accurate (for the cagers that is..)

As for your CHP.. well, the most well known hard ass has retired. I have Chippy buds who say he's been retired for a while now, so don't worry about him. Some other citz fellow riders tell me he groomed a replacement prior to retirement, but I haven't seen/met him myself. Oh well, I always ride w/my dept ID, so I may offer to be the spokesperson on our ride. NO guarantees though, as you know...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not a problem...if you want to tag along I would love to have ya. Like I said, I just want to find new places to ride and meet some new people to ride with.

·
Registered
332 Posts
ITS WIDE OPEN LMAO oh yeah 210 -2 - Wrightwood yee haaa ....Be great to ride with you guys.... I live close by the (2) ACH area & I am sure I can get Older Guy to come as well ACH is one of the many local Great back yard roads so please let me know I would be delighted to put a great loop together for all of you ! there are lots of Great roads in and around the same area it's way easy to create a sick loop. I would be glad to ride with any or all of ya & be a lot of fun to get the kawi group on a ride together !

·
Registered
230 Posts
What date are you putting on the calendar for this ride??? If Im in the country, I can get 2 or 3 ZX10 Riders to roll out!!! Give me a date please!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
What date are you putting on the calendar for this ride??? If Im in the country, I can get 2 or 3 ZX10 Riders to roll out!!! Give me a date please!
June 14th (Sunday).

From the looks of it, I am going to be riding up there on the bike:rolleyes: I really wanted to trailer up there but I haven't found anyone willing yet coming from San Diego. So, I don't know where or when to meet any of ya:lol: It is about the same distance for me whether I go the the West side of 2 or the East side of 2.

How about this....I am going to edit my first thread....everyone post up who wants to join me, that way we can figure out where to meet, because I can meet at either end of the road, seeing how it's the whole way open now. PM me or post up to let me know you are going...:cool:

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Im possibly in if I can get someone to watch the kiddies. Im in the Temecula area.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cool...let me know when you are official:lol:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts