Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get your damn minds out the gutter!

Finally met up with a group to ride with this morning. Put in about 300+ miles and had some good BBQ with 13 other riders. Mix of guys and gals. Bikes included a 650 Vstrom, a Duc 996 and a varity of older and newer sport bikes. Ages from mid twenties to BD old. Funny thing, I waved the V-strom by me at one point. That fuggar was fast and smooth through the turns I'm feeling a bit road worn, but sure was a good day. Beautiful weather and a nice quick pace. Thes guys are real organized. They ran down their ride rules and for the first leg they actually had me stay with one guy in the second (slower) group to see how squidly I was. It was a bit strange being the newbie, but I respected that fact they were into keeping everyone safe. By the first stop I was given the go ahead to ride the front group if I wanted. They kept the pace between 90-105, rarely touching the brakes or changing gears. It was a blast.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
That's awesome! I had a group like that when I was still in Calgary but haven't lucked into finding one here. Good for you!

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Sounds fun. Also sounds like a great group to ride with. A nice group ride is great, but a bad group ride is horrible. Been on both. Luckily more good than bad. :wink: I've gotten to the point that I'd rather just organize the ride myself and invite a handful of trusted riders than to post up rides on the local board and have an open free for all. I don't mind sensible newbies tagging along, but squids can ruin a ride for me in a hurry.

I love the idea they had of trying you out in the slower group before letting you tag the big dogs. That should help them keep some less experienced riders from biting it trying to keep up. Our rides normally include different skill levels and we split it into two groups, but it's usually left up to each rider to choose where they belong. I think it's time for us to look at something like this group is doing.

Glad you had a good time. :eek:ccasion1

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have a ride leader who is not to be passed ever, and the same with the second group. Proper gear is manditory and squidliness is not tolerated. Their website makes it hard as hell to catch up with them. They keep locations secret to keep out the squids. This is the group Andy turned me on to. No Andy this morning though. Anybody have actuall proof he rides??? :heyyou:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
miykl said:
Get your damn minds out the gutter!

Finally met up with a group to ride with this morning. Put in about 300+ miles and had some good BBQ with 13 other riders. Mix of guys and gals. Bikes included a 650 Vstrom, a Duc 996 and a varity of older and newer sport bikes. Ages from mid twenties to BD old. Funny thing, I waved the V-strom by me at one point. That fuggar was fast and smooth through the turns I'm feeling a bit road worn, but sure was a good day. Beautiful weather and a nice quick pace. Thes guys are real organized. They ran down their ride rules and for the first leg they actually had me stay with one guy in the second (slower) group to see how squidly I was. It was a bit strange being the newbie, but I respected that fact they were into keeping everyone safe. By the first stop I was given the go ahead to ride the front group if I wanted. They kept the pace between 90-105, rarely touching the brakes or changing gears. It was a blast.
Sounds like your getting back to normalcy after that mess from the hurricaine, good to hear. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
miykl said:
They have a ride leader who is not to be passed ever, and the same with the second group. Proper gear is manditory and squidliness is not tolerated. Their website makes it hard as hell to catch up with them. They keep locations secret to keep out the squids. This is the group Andy turned me on to. No Andy this morning though. Anybody have actuall proof he rides??? :heyyou:
He prolly didn't cut it in that group! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
El Diablo said:
He prolly didn't cut it in that group! :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:
I do believe he was with this group when he wipped out. I can see how it could happen pretty easily. The fast guys never touch the brakes. I got lulled in over my head once. That's when I waved the SV by me.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
miykl said:
I do believe he was with this group when he wipped out. I can see how it could happen pretty easily. The fast guys never touch the brakes. I got lulled in over my head once. That's when I waved the SV by me.
I'm just givin' Andy hell... :wink:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
miykl said:
waved the v-strom by you or the sv?? get your story straight.. :lol: :thumbsup:
Glad you had a good time. My best times are spent riding alone at my own rediculous pace..

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Good job "Miykl"

Glad your riding your bitch again....fugg that i'm glad that bitch "Katrina" didn't take it away from you for not paying child support.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts