Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What for Kawasaki?

Just need an engine/on off switch (without the road switch gear) and that will plug straight in the loom and a few other bits and bobs......

Any ideas? :dontknow:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont think so, ive never seen any reference to it.... ill go do some Googling :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No :(

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
well if u are doing it for racing purposes which i suspect, then u'll be removing starter & alternator (my mate did that on his zx7r, everything ran off the battery) & other stuff so can u not just buy a switch to replace the standard kill switch?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well if u are doing it for racing purposes which i suspect, then u'll be removing starter & alternator (my mate did that on his zx7r, everything ran off the battery) & other stuff so can u not just buy a switch to replace the standard kill switch?
im not going to run a total loss system, its too much hassle......so much easier to hit the button and it starts :) its just gonna be a track day tool, my racing days are over :cry:

Thats the whole question, really, where to buy a kill switch that will plug straight into the loom? may just buy an HRC one and modify to suit, just didnt want to have to do the "modify" bit if i didnt have to

·
Registered
657 Posts
Kawasaki doesn't have a seperate racing division, but they do sell racing parts through kawasaki.com they do not however, offer a new starter switch assembly, as there is no need to.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Have a nice cup of tea and a lie down,spliffers. :fu2:

:lol:
Kiss my bottom Northern Ireland guy :)

But thank you anyway ................... :hello:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Not that it does us any good be there are TONS of race parts listed in the race manuals that us mere mortals cannot get. It seems to get them from Kawasaki you have to be connected mafia style.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im on the phone to MSS Discovery tommorow :)

Really :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
whilst thats "OK"

Its too machined milled

to chunky, too "milled"

Anyway, whats going on with the cables n pulley's shite under my seat??

:D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:lol: Thanks for putting up with my drunk saturday night ramblings :beer:

Just had an email back from NRC saying that they will not be considering making covers for the 06/07......no explaination as to why not........

Dont Sata do some sliders that come off the engine casings? Atually in the sober light of day, the Woodcraft ones aint that bad.....could well be an option, Thanks :)

For the starter switch, im just gonna buy an HRC one, see if i can mod it for the Kwak somehow and ring MSS in the morning and see if i can buy some end of season stuff from them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts