Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my 33k mile motor out due to tranny issues and its out getting fixed and I came across a 9k mile motor and bought it and it seem like it runs about the same. I'll have it dynoed Friday just to see how it dose compared to my high mileage motor but... Now I have a motor just sitting here and want to build it somewhat.. Goal is to make around 150ish reliable hp and wanted to know what is needed if anyone has done it like what big bore kit carbs porting ect. Bike has full exh and +4 timing advancer and made on the last motor 132hp 66tq.

Lets see what you guys thing and first had experience would be nice too.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
cant bore it. wall's get to thin. cant port it. Can do the kawi intake cam. or can part out on ebay and make $$$ for futer mod's.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My 98 zx9r made 149 rw hp. It was a race bike with some head work (modified, matched and polished ports), full Akro, factory pro jet kit and ignition advancer, BMC race filter, straight thru air ducts, 520 chain and alloy sprocket.
You can get a muzzy 998 kit, but I've heard there a little unreliable. Alternatively you can bore it out and put KLX 300 pistons in it and make it a 975.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts