Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do u think the hp limit is with stk. pistons, 08 race int, , stk. ex. cam, stk. springs, head mods, race gas?

·
Registered
772 Posts
what do u think the hp limit is with stk. pistons, 08 race int, , stk. ex. cam, stk. springs, head mods, race gas?
You mean potential? Or most you will see out of it?

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
The limit is your wallet. That's the limit. It's harder to stop wasting money before finding that said limit.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
You will be surprised that in most cases the rider is the one far from the limit.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Deck the head as much as possible, thin hg, stock springs will make more hp than stiffer as long as they last, good port on the exhaust side, full exhaust, no air filter, all short stacks, secondary shaft & flies removed, 520 chain, ceramic bearings, swb, best fuel you can get maybe high 180's/low 190's. It's also very dependent on dyno.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
the more you deck the head, the less ptv clearance you'll get, the higher numbers you will have to run cam wise and with race cam and 12.5k rpm rev limit or even 13k rpm rev limit of 3rd gen your hp will peak way past rev limit so you will lose power and gain nothing. Get with a builder and go from there, more sometimes means less. For big bore and short stroke 998cc will need rpms to make more power, higher rpm's will need better parts, I think stock pistons/rods should be ok till 14k rpm or so, so whatever power you can get at that rpm will be your limit. With race gas, proper head/cam combo I think 200hp is possible................but it will cost you.

·
Registered
906 Posts
+25 hp from stock ( regardless of the number) is pretty close to the limit I think in most cases.

+20-25 is what I've seen on my 3d gen with full exhaust kit ECU( +1000 rpms rev limiter) head porting-thin hg and high lift cams.With MR9 gas I could have gone to +30 easily ( I've repeatedly seen 4-5% gains with MR9 fuel).

when you go with bigger cams stock pistons put a definate limit to so many things,like cam degreeing,how much can you deck the head etc...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Cost, Reliability, Performance. Pick 2.

Hp numbers are really a waste. there is no dyno that will give you a 100% accurate reading on how much power your bike makes. you want real numbers, take it to the strip, or the track.

The limiting factor on a bike, or a car, is ussually not the bike or the car, its the driver/rider.

Some good track time, the motorcycle safety course... anything to make YOU a better rider, will be where your money is best spent. Don't worry about power.

i would like 175 whp. but i could probably find a high reading dyno, and get that without putting a single mod on my bike.

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
this is what i have

decked head
ported head
thin hg
kawi cams
full arrow system
bmc filter
pciii
ignition module

mine only put down 162??

if you are playing the numbers game, you will loose....i spent the entire winter doing that....i also thought it would put down 178-183 ish compared to others and what the tuner said

after it was tuned, it was a totally different bike...but after all that crap messing with the engine, the BEST mods i did to my gen 1 was ohlins, and carrozzeria wheels

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey Jim, clean out your inbox. Tried to message but your full.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts