Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
No HP gain. Just less backfiring and popping on deceleration after a full-system installation. And a little weight, but skipping a couple doughnuts on Sunday would be about the same savings.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
All that system does is let a little bit of air into the exhaust system to help burn off the nasty emissions. It does NOT cost any horsepower and there is NOT any power to be gained by removing it ... and the weight of that valve is insignificant.

I've said it before: In the interest of breathing clean air, and since this system really doesn't have any BAD effects on the bike, leave it connected. So what if it pops a bit out of the exhaust?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yeah I thought about that too. Until my wife told me she saw blue flames shooting out the pipe last night. And others who have ridden with me thought that someone was shooting at us. Think I'm going to take it off as soon as I remove the tank.
Clean air.... these bikes put out less emissions than all those two stroke weed whacker and leaf blower...I see every landscaping company in town using...LOL

·
Registered
102 Posts
I haven't checked the setup on the 10 yet but if its similar to the zx9 and connects to the underside of the airbox, removing it and plugging the hole should help keep the air box pressurized. Therefore if any HP is to be gained you won't see it on a dyno.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I personally enjoy the ability to backfire at will.....It only takes a little playing with the throttle to figure out how (a slip on or full exhaust is needed too)....

Its fun to shoot out the blue flames at night.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts