Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason i cant find a post on horse power dyno run after a flash or tune,

what are people getting after flashing/pcv/bazzaz, BMC air filter, full exhaust/link pipe and can.:thefinger_red:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
LMAO more like mid 160's on my dynojet. A 1st gen makes around 150-155hp, 2nd gen about the same, 3rd gen 155-160, and 4th gen 160-165 after reflash. A 4th gen has big top end once reflashed, but its neutered in stock tune. With a reflash and bolt ons it will put down about 10-15 more rwhp then a 1st gen. Same dyno, same day, that's what I usually see. For comparison, a ZX14 with full exhaust and PCV made 172 on that same day. Then with a 100 shot of N2O he made a little over 250. Don't be fooled by big dyno numbers, they are all BS. The software can be manipulated to spit out high numbers. Just ask Brock! LOL

·
Registered
355 Posts
My 2013 with a Graves slip-on and guhl flash has made 178-180hp on two different Dynojet dynos. No "custom tune" or PCV, no fancy air filter, stock header, stock air box.

I honestly don't care enough about dyno numbers to pay for dyno time. There are a couple of motorcycle dealers around that do free dyno runs at their open house events so I put it on the rollers a couple times out of curiosity. These numbers aren't really relative to anything since I never put it on a dyno before doing these mods. Personally, I'd be primarily interested in gains in the midrange than peak horsepower. On longer straights, I have been out-motored by some BMWs and one really built GSXR (all on MR12) but it was never enough for me to think that I need more horsepower.

Dyno sheets don't add inches to your dick. A dyno is a tool that can be calibrated (or manipulated) to read whatever the operator wants it to read. Things like air pressure and tire selection can result in a big change in horsepower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.