Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, I have a CA model 05 that I dyno'd stock and got 153.14hp in San Diego. I got a PCIII and WRP slip on and came down to gulf coast of Mississippi and ran a 146.19, then with a custom map build i ran a 153.89 and gained 1.75 lbft of torque. So would I be able to say that my bike is over 160hp per the CA dyno, or would I have to say that I'm only making 153? The bike runs like a freakn banshee,

thanks

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
That is why correction factors are used instead of actual readings. Usually dyno guy can give you both on same run.
To make them comparable no matter where you are.

Stiil going to be diffs between dynos and other factors.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Got to say fellas, just had my 06 10 dynoed today and it came in at a very healthy 162.73 rwhp. An 05 showed in just before at 154rwhp. Yep, she's an absolute flyer. Totally bogstandard, 'cept double bubble, tail tidy and hugger!!

Big_Gaz 6'1'' 16st 5lbs (bollocky buff, thats 229lbs in American)

·
Registered
595 Posts
bradshow01 said:
So would I be able to say that my bike is over 160hp per the CA dyno, or would I have to say that I'm only making 153? The bike runs like a freakn banshee,

thanks
:jerkit:

·
Registered
197 Posts
What does that little emoticon mean? Sorry, being English I dont understand all your quaint little ways.

Ahhhh Jerkit, by that I take it you dont believe me?
Big_Gaz 6'1'' 16st 5lb (229lbs in American)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
More like he's saying it's silly to even be concerned if you are "able to say that my bike is over 160hp per the CA dyno". HP numbers have no meaning except for direct before/after when doing mods or creating a custom map. I have no idea how much HP mine makes and couldn't care less: it's fast enough to leave every other bike for dead on the back straight at Mid O and that's good enough for me!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lavudyar said:
More like he's saying it's silly to even be concerned if you are "able to say that my bike is over 160hp per the CA dyno". HP numbers have no meaning except for direct before/after when doing mods or creating a custom map.

hence the reason behind my questioning? i don't understand why everyone has to slam my question, i did some mods, wanted to see what effect it had and the dyno numbers were different, no need to be such :asshole: 'S about it.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
bradshow01 said:
hence the reason behind my questioning? i don't understand why everyone has to slam my question, i did some mods, wanted to see what effect it had and the dyno numbers were different, no need to be such :asshole: 'S about it.
Did you take it to Lee's for the dyno?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
bradshow01 said:
Well Hoss, if you used the search function for 'dyno' you'd see this topic has been discussed to death. Also, and I'll explain this once only, your dyno comparison is worthless as a before and after since you didn't use the same dyno (in similar ambient conditions). IOW, you CAN'T compare a no-mod reading with a modified reading on 2 different dyno's, it is impossible and pointless, even with 'corrected' numbers. Get it?

So while we may seem like a$$holes to you, you look like just another dumba$$ noob who can't figure out the search function to us.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
lavudyar said:
Well Hoss, if you used the search function for 'dyno' you'd see this topic has been discussed to death. Also, and I'll explain this once only, your dyno comparison is worthless as a before and after since you didn't use the same dyno (in similar ambient conditions). IOW, you CAN'T compare a no-mod reading with a modified reading on 2 different dyno's, it is impossible and pointless, even with 'corrected' numbers. Get it?

So while we may seem like a$$holes to you, you look like just another dumba$$ noob who can't figure out the search function to us.:rolleyes:
He also looks like a dyno queen. Standing around some friends, "Oh yeah? Well my 10 made 160 rwhp." :headshake Please.:headshake Spare us all the grief and lets see if you can use all 160 hp.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Gosh some people can be such bitches, I think it was a simple question asked with integrity. Yet some people really seem to be up their own asses and are not willing to help or just want to give a hard time.
Some people!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Don't get upset my friend, you are getting the normal treatment for "Squids", that ask something that we are tire of reading or answering. Your ? was answered by the hardcore guys, too bad for you.

The suggestion, use the search feature, read about the topic and if you don't find the answer, then post a new thread. You will get over it.

Good luck :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts