Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!.I am looking to rebuild or upgrade my clutch before spring hits!
What are the best mods/upgrades I can do for my clutch?.....I was looking at a Kevlar setup from Barnett!........anyone have any advise?.:dontknow:

thanks in advance for any help or answers!........................Russ

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I think most people go with OEM fibers if I am not mistaken. I have not had to do anything with mine, so other will post up but I am pretty sure that is the way to go.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want to install the most durable/bulletproof clutch that i can get!........if i do go with oem...should i install the stronger springs for a better engagment???/smoother release?............bump

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah if anything go with the OEM packs the after makrets might grip a lil better but will wear quicker.... but its all on hear say half the time.... I rode with barnett kevlars in my 600 and they were fine....

I thikn barnett makes after market springs or you can get a lil spinrg spacer kit that shims the springs to add some pressure....

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys!!.i think I will go with the oem and add the Barnett hp springs!......just for a lil added pressure!should I still soak the oem pack before install?

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the tip Vince!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
OEM or Cycle Concepts clutch pak. CC are much more affordable.:thumbsup:
I got mine from Cycle Concepts and I think I'm going to be happy with them. I've only had them in for one test day thus far, so too early to say for sure.

If you spend some time searching in here I think you'll find that you should soak the disks, and some people don't think Barnett springs are that great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I, too, will be installing Cycle Concepts' clutch pack and Barnett springs in a 04-powered car. Dwayne at CC was very helpful!

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts