Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 3 or 4 very active threads about HP numbers and Dyno this, and which exhaust that, and ...Blah Blah Blah...It got me thinking. It's all a bunch of Bull Shit Male Bravado. So this guys Buddy's 10R puts out 186 HP to the wheel. Great..can the guy actually ride it??

Heres an interesting story. This past Sat, 9-24 I took the 10 out to Putnam Park for a Track day. There was a BOAT load of REALLY nice expensive bikes out there. I'm talking New Ducati 749 with 400 miles on the Odo, or a 996 that had to be every bit of a $30,000 bike. (if not more). And the sad thing is. Most of the guys riding these nice machines, were slower than Molasses on a cold winter morning. Case and point. The $30K Duc 996 had Ohlins everything on it Carbon fiber Body work (yes I checked it out...real CF) CF rims!! Mich. Slicks with tire warmers... The list goes on. Second session of the day, Me on my take off 208 GP's I'm on my second lap ( Im broke...no tire warmers) when Mr 996 blasts by me, Two laps later I catch the guy and pass him (mid turn) and then proceed to leave him for dead. :rolleyes: It's kind of funny. I talked to Mr 996 in the pits afterwards, and he was like MAN you were flying out there...I was turning 1:19-1:20 which is ok for that track. But all his motor mods, and bike mods, cant make the rider faster. I will say that the guy with 749 was cool, and had some pretty good corner speed. I got some great video of him in front of me, until I decided to go on my way :lol: I noticed that in the Race class (class I was running,) there were a few new bikes, and a lot of older bikes, the older bikes, had the really fast guys on them. Except for the guy on the Blue 10R. He was was stupid fast. I learned a lot from him following him, and acutally turnned 1:17 trying to keep up.

I saw in the beginners class 1 zx-10 . 2 rc-51's, a Ducati 996, and 900 monster, 2 Busa's, 2 R-1's, 2 GSX'R 1000's. I know everybody starts somewhere...but these guys where so slow, that they should be ashamed of themselves for owning these bikes, and I'm sure that most of these would be the ones posting how much HP their bike puts out.
Shut up and go learn how to ride the damned thing.....I guess thats what Im trying to say :lol:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
yep what he said... I can't agree more.. I overheard some squid one night telling a girl that his bike (ratted out cbr1000rr) was as fast as mine. I looked at him (and her) and told him "not with you on it it's not" you should of seen the look on his face..he knew it was true. Some of these guys are so slow they could honestly get by with a scooter..no sh$* :mrgreen:
I will talk some smack but I also know I can back it up..most others can't.
I want to get some pulls done on my bike and I almost hope the numbers are a little low that way I can say that it's my riding not just my bike thats keeping me out front. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
While I am one of the new guys at the track days that you would probably observe as "stupid fast", I can certainly echo your sentiments. At my last track day on Memorial Day, there were soooooo many tricked out bikes running with us in the intermediate group, but almost none of these guys could go fast. I guess it's about priorities -- lots of show and power translates into status, track day simply provides another "check the box" for added coolness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts