Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just tuned a Panigale 1299, that thing is a beast.

on that dyno a stock 16 s1000rr makes 183
bren tunning full exhaust 189

a gen 4 reflash, slip on, filter makes 179

that thing made 196hp!!!!!!!... the more rpm I gave it more the more it made... has full termignoni exhaust and bmc filter.

woolich of course.

·
Registered
838 Posts
They are a beast.
Its the ducati way though isnt it.
Everyone else increases in bhp so ducati increase in cc to beat it.
Its been like that since the 916 days verses the 750 4 cylinders.
Its amazing how they get a big twin the rev so high and yet keep big torque numbers

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
It revs/makes the hp about where it should for a high strung twin and it makes the torque it should for a 1285cc. No? What's one cost now-a-days? The final is what 40-45k? Superleggera was 55-60k? And the cheaper models make less power and weigh more yes?

The Desmosedici made 163-167whp or so iirc with it's 989cc 4-cylinder powerplant...granted back in '06. I am waiting for their incoming 1000cc 4-cylinder. Very curious to see hp/wt and pricepoint. I am dying to see Ducati finally make something that competes directly in terms of motor size and pricepoint...I am probably going to realistically have one of those two factors.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well in real world the 1299S and the regular make the same HP with woolich, and you have seen the numbers... and its very light very...
the new V4 will come with 1100cc and it will be very powerful, weight? reliability?? .... they are not behind power, they are behind in quality. Ask real engine builder...

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
well in real world the 1299S and the regular make the same HP with woolich, and you have seen the numbers... and its very light very...
the new V4 will come with 1100cc and it will be very powerful, weight? reliability?? .... they are not behind power, they are behind in quality. Ask real engine builder...
Oh I thought it was going to be a 998/999cc not and 1100. So again it seems it will not compete directly in either terms.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Doesn't the gen5 get into the 190's whp after filter, cat delete, and tune? 190's aren't that impressive these days. But 113 ft lbs of torque is impressive. Assuming it's not NM or whatever the euro translation from ft lbs is.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Old news here I am sure but I thought this vid was kinda cool because it showed how close some of the manufacturers are when dynoed same day same dyno back to back (granted a little different here and there):

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Doesn't the gen5 get into the 190's whp after filter, cat delete, and tune? 190's aren't that impressive these days. But 113 ft lbs of torque is impressive. Assuming it's not NM or whatever the euro translation from ft lbs is.
My gen 5 with full graves exhaust, air filter, kit ecu, decked head/head gasket, and kit cam, made 190hp. HP numbers are only relative to the dyno the bike is run on. My gen 4 with similar work made 180hp on the same dyno.

·
Registered
718 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.