Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a 2012 zx10r, and I'm trying to find out if it's been flashed or what to look for to find out if it has been. 馃 I havent seen any sort of tuner, or anything. Usually they have a sticker put on the ECU? But I havent taken the bike apart to look. My bike does remember traction control settings when turned off/on. Does have a graves exhaust, and does shoot flames when decelerating

REPOST Enforcement Mod
It depends. There's really no fool-proof way of doing that unless you download the firmware from it and compare it to the default version. If the ECU was mailed into somewhere, they usually put a sticker on it to identify that. If the previous owner did it themselves, they wouldn't put a sticker on it. :D The traction control will only retain the OFF state if it's been flashed. Set the TC to OFF, turn the ignition off and then back on. If the setting stays OFF, that's a good indication it's been reflashed. Otherwise, it will always default back to setting 1 or the other previous setting. It will never retain and start as OFF though unless it's been reflashed.

The exhaust and popping and flames on deceleration are meaningless when discussing the reflash and has nothing to do with it. But the Graves is nice! Cool! (y)

Registered
Throw it on a dyno for a baseline run, it's usually like $40 and takes about 15 minutes, gets your horsepower, torque and air fuel ratio. If you got a lotta hp and a nice flat air fuel ratio around 13.4:1, it's been flashed.

Registered
can you switch through traction control modes while riding? if so it has been flashed

EDIT: See Skydork response below

REPOST Enforcement Mod
can you switch through traction control modes while riding? if so it has been flashed
Not really. You can switch through the the different modes while riding as long as the throttle is closed, you just can't go to OFF unless stopped. That's the way it is stock and doesn't mean it's been flashed.

Registered
If you get the aftermarket AIM dash you can, but not with the stock dash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
There's probably a misunderstanding here that might confuse the OP. You can indeed switch between riding modes with the OEM ECU software. If my memory serves correctly, you simply have to come to a complete stop before turning TC to OFF. You can cycle between 1/2/3 while on the move with the OEM program. Like Skydork said, the best clue of a flashed ECU is that it will retain the TC OFF setting after you turn the bike off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts