Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got another bike.. the previous owner wanted to "shine her up" so he put Armor All Wet Shine on the freaking tires. What a @&*)%(*&#$) dumba$$

How do I get the Armor All off the tires? What do I wash off it with?

·
Registered
871 Posts
i would use something like simple green in a bucket of water it has to be something to cut the grease use a brush also to scrub all that [email protected] off jus dont ride it with that armor all on those tires i guarantee you will eat [email protected]

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
Never had to deal with armor-all (not sure what it's like), but in case of oil on tires I use kerosene and then water+soap.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
Doing a burnout with your front tire may be an issue - I hear it's pretty difficult.
It takes some practice... Go fast and grab the front brake really hard. Repeat until all patches of the rubber are properly burnt. :mrgreen:

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Doing a burnout with your front tire may be an issue - I hear it's pretty difficult.
Very true, I see lots of Civics and Neons trying and they have a really hard time

·
Registered
138 Posts
mean green or Westleys Bleche white. you can get it for like 2 dollars at amy dollar store. spray it on with no water and let it sit for a min or 2, scrub it with a brush out of some soapy hot water and it will take oil grease or anything off the wheels that u may have gatherd from the road or armor all. lol who does that!!!??? wtf

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,372 Posts
Okay, I need to chime in on this one.

Okay, so here's what you need to do:

Go go Starbucks and get a pound of Pike Roast or the Sumatra Roast, they are both Bold beans and yield a richer and darker beans.
Ask them to grind it for standard paper filter (this will retain the most efficient coarseness for our needs here)

Now first things first, grab about 1 1/2 Tbls and make yourself a nice cup of freshly brewed coffee. You're gunna need all the energy for this task at hand and plus it's just a good thing to do anyway's.

Now take a handful and mix it with water or simple green and use a wet sponge and rub into the tire in a circular motion paying carefully attention to the sides and the middle and do both tires all around and not missing any rubber.

Let dry in the sun.

Once you are done and it's all dried, you'll probably be pretty tired by now, so hopefully you've saved some and make another fresh brew. When done drinking, warm the bike up and take it for a ride.

This information and has been brought to you by Starbucks. Come in for a treat.
:sbucks:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts

Go go Starbucks and get a pound of Pike Roast or the Sumatra Roast, they are both Bold beans and yield a richer and darker beans.
Ask them to grind it for standard paper filter (this will retain the most efficient coarseness for our needs here)

Now first things first, grab about 1 1/2 Tbls and make yourself a nice cup of freshly brewed coffee. You're gunna need all the energy for this task at hand and plus it's just a good thing to do anyway's.

Now take a handful and mix it with water or simple green and use a wet sponge and rub into the tire in a circular motion paying carefully attention to the sides and the middle and do both tires all around and not missing any rubber.

Let dry in the sun.

Once you are done and it's all dried, you'll probably be pretty tired by now, so hopefully you've saved some and make another fresh brew. When done drinking, warm the bike up and take it for a ride.

:lol: I'll drink to that! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Let dry in the sun.

Whoa Whoa.. am i not hosing the tires down after everything's done? You're not saying for me to leave the Simple Green on the tires and go riding, are ya?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
formula 88, purple power, simple green, wesleys bleach white, or just some ol dawn dishwashing liquid soap and a sponge will do the trick! that guy who put that shit on there is a jackwagon! any real biker knows better than that shit!

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Westley's Bleach White...

put the tires out in the sun so they get warm, hose them down with the westleys, and I have an old finger nail brush that I give them a go with. Scotchbrite would work too.

then wash with soap and water... if you see any left give it the treatment again.

this works really well with new tires that have that mold release on them (or at least used to in the past).

they come out so black that light can not escape their surface...THE WAY TIRES ARE SUPOSED TO LOOK.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Wax and Grease remover will get it off (it's also called Prepsol). You can get it any automotive paint supplier and probably NAPA carry it too. It's not expensive.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts