Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I added it to the post for everyone to see, making it easy. You also can download the Powerpoint if you want to.

Tread

How to

This is a 'How to' for removing the valve cover, (pics included, mostly), and goes thru the step by step process of getting to the valve cover. This is my first attempt at a How To so I may be missing something and I forgot to take a couple of pictures but oh well.

I would suggest, right clicking and save target or link as, as the best option. IE6 will open a PowerPoint and display it but Firefox will not. If you don't have PowerPoint on your pc then I added this, Powerpoint viewer ,install for your convience. Just right click and save target and install.

Feedback welcome.

Tread

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Seemed pretty good to me. Thanks Tread. Oh, and nice job with the powerpoint slideshow. :thumbsup:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I've taken mine out without touching the radiator, a tight fit but pretty easily done. Id suggest poppin the throttle bodies off as well, makes it alot easier to work on without the cables and actuator outta the way. just my input, nice write up thoguh!

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not that its hard, its just a lot to do just to get there. I decided to take at least 2 days to do this so I could take my time. Like I said its not hard, just long.

Tread

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
Tread70 said:
Its not that its hard, its just a lot to do just to get there. I decided to take at least 2 days to do this so I could take my time. Like I said its not hard, just long.

Tread

Thats one thing i don't have. Time. :eyecrazy: .

·
Registered
6 Posts
great walkthrough:thumbsup: i just put on 10k on my 0510r and im pushing oil through the right front conner of the rubber gasket. how common is this?... bad gasket or do i need a little tighten of the valve cover bolts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts