Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking the bike apart for sale and am having issues getting the mounting hardward off. The piece that mounts over the 35mm nut does not want to move. I assume it just slipped over the nut and was held in place by the Scotts being mounted on top, but it just not want to come off. How do I get leverage to move it without scratching either the triple or the Scotts?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
loosen the allen screws all the way around the outside of the bracket. Back them out to just past flush with the mount.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
miykl said:
loosen the allen screws all the way around the outside of the bracket. Back them out to just past flush with the mount.

:+1: It has 8 (I think) tiny set screws around the sides that hold it to the replacement steering stem nut that comes with the Scotts damper. The replacement nut has a groove around it for the set screws to hold onto. It takes a tiny allen wrench to get to them and even with the right size wrench some of them are hard to get to. Don't force it off or you'll ruin it. :headshake

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
glycerin- be verrrrrry careful!! LOL Installed my scotts dampener on my new bike wednesday night. That fugging stem bolt musta had a hundred ft/lbs of torque on it. Fug!!! Had to use a breaker bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts