Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It will be as hard as replacing the lines really as that's the painful bit, once lines unscrewed then just disconnect electrical connector and undo mounts, but the ball ache is the hardlines and not threading the nuts.
Thanks it's really good to know that the line re&re was the hardest part. When I was installing the Speigler kit it was all going smoothly until I hit that part. After that, there were many sons of bitches called out that day.

Oh, I take that all back. Replacing the rear brake ABS junction was the biggest pain in the ass ever.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have recently done a full ABS delete, i removed the ABS brake lines, installed direct brake lines, i then had to remove the entire loom and replace it with a non ABS loom (whilst doing this i stripped the loom of anything unwanted) after this i was left with an error on the dash so replaced the dash with an AIM MXK10 which removed the error light. Ebay was my friend for the non abs loom.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If it's a track bike, fit the kit harness and ECU. They give you programmability of your traction/wheelie control, launch, pit lane, throttle response, etc. etc. With a gen 5, you need to change your parameters when you change gearing or tyre size for the traction control to work optimally, so the kit ECU makes doing that so much easier than flashing the ECU every time you change something.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts