Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on some other forums that you can adapt the buell rider footpegs(part #n0006.1ad) for certain bikes. I decided to give it a try. I bought the pegs from a dealer on ebay. They cost $25 shipped, about $30 from the dealer. The buell pegs are a bit different than the 10s and need moderate modification. An easy task with a bench grinder and a dremel. The problem is they are too wide, too deep and the bolt hole is to small. I opened to bolt hole with a drill bit the size of the stock 06 10 bolt. Then it was a lot of trail and error with the bench grinder to get them just right. you have to remove a good bit of material from the back, top and bottom of the pegs. Fortunately they are very thick and have plenty of material. I ground them down to fit, installed the bolt and clip and then readjusted the shift lever and brake lever. It probably took me an hour to 1 1/2 hours and that was because I tried to dremel it before going with the bench grinder. (that was a lot faster). For $25 and a hour of time you get a minimum of 1" lower pegs. They are noticeably more comfortable than stock. After everything is back together remove the peg feelers and you are ready to go.

Attachments

Reactions: 9R to 10R

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Don't know how hard you ride, but what kind of ground clearance did you loose with those things? I ground the feelers pretty good a few times on the stock rear sets, when I had them.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Pretty cool and cheap mod. Just an FYI 9r. If you buy Vortex rear sets and flip the frame fitting bracket left to right, you then can use the lowest setting on the bracket to obtain a 1" lower peg. I ride very hard (well knee draggin in Arkansas and at the track) and have not drug peg yet. See my avatar.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put them on but dont see a problem. If I were to do a track day I would put the stock pegs back on but for general riding these are great....and a lot cheaper than vortex.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Pretty cool and cheap mod. Just an FYI 9r. If you buy Vortex rear sets and flip the frame fitting bracket left to right, you then can use the lowest setting on the bracket to obtain a 1" lower peg. I ride very hard (well knee draggin in Arkansas and at the track) and have not drug peg yet. See my avatar.

Was asking more for others that might be interested, the feelers just looked exceptionaly big on those.

I have Rizomas on the 06 and I have nver seen rear sets with more adjustability than these, I have Harris on the 04 no complaints bout those either.

Well anyway, glad you like the buel pegs, they look almost factory.

·
Registered
579 Posts
s.ga -- i did the exact mod late last year --- it's great.

i've been lightly knee-down with them on, and didn't touch the hero-bobs.

however, as you mentioned, if i was doing a track day, i'd put stock pegs back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts