Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to do fork seals on my gen one and wondering how you guys lift the fron to do the fork seals.

pics are a plus

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Without a doubt a triple clamp lift is by far the best and easiest way, I have however in the past used strong ratchet straps to accomplish removal of front and rear parts. I put the bike on front and rear stands, use a floor jack under the exhaust just as a backup (little to no pressure actually applied to the bike), hang the straps at a good angle so the bike is evenly supported. The jack will help absorb some of the weight and help keep the bike stable along with the straps. For my Honda i had to trim up some wood block to shim under the exhaust to keep it level. I bought a proper lift after doing this a couple of times, but in a pinch, if you are careful it can work ok.

The pic is of the rear so I could remove my swing arm, but same rules apply for the front. Again I dont necessarily advise this, but sometimes ya have to do what you have to do.

P.S. sorry about the huge pic, dont feel like editing at the moment.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Of course there is always option B.......remove everything off the bike to achieve balance, and pull the forks with the frame (just a little extra work) :badteeth:

·
Registered
378 Posts
^^ What.... Did..... You.....Do!!!

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
i just take my front wheel loose with the back on a rear stand and use a jack and wood under the header to keep the front end up. Not the safest but it's what i do

sent from my motorcycle iphone app
:+1:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
^^ What.... Did..... You.....Do!!!

Long story, and I dont want to thread jack. But the short version is I took this $800, crashed, dropping out of gear, no steering head bearing, beat down, and horribly treated 954, from the first pic, and turned it into the 2nd pic.

Back to on topic

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Dudeeee i love 954s!!!

And i just put jack stands under the frame sliders. (also the rear stand)
Works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I feel yeah. 2 hour riding all interstate just sux!!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
floor jack with piece of wood under engine or header pipes always worked for me, and on rear stand of course

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Dammit dude.
Pick her up, dont stand there and take pictures!

Reactions: nolaZX10
1 - 20 of 26 Posts