Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
madnessracing said:
can you post pics on how to install swingarm extensions? and what else do i need besides the extensions? thanks in advance...
a new chain thats longer.

May need to check your sag settings too...

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
new chain with more links and a longer rear brake line. you will also need 2 brake line fittings. uhh and some lock tite maybe....?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
the brake caliper bracket just rest on top of the evtension. when you hit the brake it uses the evtension as the stoping block.... Trust me it's not 1/2 as hard as you think...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are the extension blocks as good as a whole new extended swingarm? I know some that weld the blocks in. Can't find extended swing arms (not extensions) for 06' 10 on the web. Anyone know a website? The dealer quoted about $1500 but I don't know brand and want to know more about it. Guess I can call back or ask next time I see an extended 10 at the track. Roaring toyz makes one but it's expensive and made for a 240 tire.

http://www.roaringtoyz.com/

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i know that the extensions work good till 7'in but if you want more than 7in then you will have to buy the whole swingarm...if you wanna purchase just the extensions you can find many of the on ebay...

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
10 speed said:
the brake caliper bracket just rest on top of the evtension. when you hit the brake it uses the evtension as the stoping block.... Trust me it's not 1/2 as hard as you think...
i dont know if im not getting this right or what but my question is if that caliper stays loose only 1 bolt?
here are some pics of what i have am i missing anything?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
eros said:
Are the extension blocks as good as a whole new extended swingarm? I know some that weld the blocks in. Can't find extended swing arms (not extensions) for 06' 10 on the web. Anyone know a website? The dealer quoted about $1500 but I don't know brand and want to know more about it. Guess I can call back or ask next time I see an extended 10 at the track. Roaring toyz makes one but it's expensive and made for a 240 tire.

http://www.roaringtoyz.com/

if you are looking to get your swingarm extended then look no further...we try to keep arms in stock but the 06 arms are alittle tougher to come by...we can do the one on your bike in 5-7 days...just remove it and send it to us...803.285.8093

dwayne

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
hey Dwayne dont those extensions look like there missing something...?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
madnessracing said:
thats what i thought...is there anyway for me to get just that part?
not really sure but you need to find out who made them and then maybe they can help you with the missing parts...we don't do much of the bolt on stuff but all of our extended arms come with either a billet bracket or a modified stocker...pic of vince's bike with our arm..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts