Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been trying to write up this speedohealer installation for a while and still not ready so I thought i'd just post up my pics :) I started with a v.3.0 SH and hte '04/'05 harness, which I cut back into 4 bare wires.

EDIT:

SH Wires:

WHITE: In -> takes input directly from Speed Sensor (Blue Wire with Yellow Stripe)
BLUE: Out -> reconnects to Blue Wire with Yellow Stripe and and passes signal along
RED: Power -> 12V DC
BLACK: Ground -> Any good non-moving and non-painted metal piece on the motorcycle frame

### THE SPEED SENSOR

### THE WIRE HARNESS

### POP IT APART AND IGNORE THE MALE PART

### POP THE PIN PROTECTOR OUT OF THE FEMALE PART

### TAKE OUT THE BOTTOM MIDDLE PIN (BLUE WIRE WITH YELLOW STRIPE)

### CUT WHERE MY FINGER IS POINTING

### MY HARNESS -> RED: Power, BLACK: Ground, WHITE: In BLUE: Out

### SOLDER PIN END OF BLUE/YELLOW WIRE TO WHITE

### SOLDER/SPLICE BLUE SH WIRE TO OTHER END OF BLUE/YELLOW WIRE AND RECONNECT PIN INTO HARNESS

### POWER AND GROUND

### IT WORKS, 'MA!

### RUN YOUR CABLE AND YOU ARE GOLDEN :)

Hope someone would find this useful :)

-Nick

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Great how to. Do they have plug n play version for 06 models? For people who don't like the red cable, first thing I did when i received the unit was to tape up the red cable with black electrical tape.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
is that the same location for the 04/05? i need to do this when i put on my 16T

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
is that the same location for the 04/05? i need to do this when i put on my 16T
No, for the 04/05 take off the lower left fairing and it's in the front of the engine..plug and go....PM me rick if you get the 16t, I might have one available for sale in a couple of weeks

Hattori Hanzo Great how to. Do they have plug n play version for 06 models? For people who don't like the red cable, first thing I did when i received the unit was to tape up the red cable with black electrical tape.
From what I read on the internet site NO :headshake:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
i had to do this a while back on steamr's bike. a lot of sitting and looking at the bike before i could figure it out. i hope that Mar connector is temporrary.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For now it's just there... i couldn't get the soldering iron in there. I think I was just too lazy to get the extension cord so yeah :D It's temporary I guess :lol: I didn't plan too well so hopefully my example would help others plan better!

-Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.