Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Moved to Performance and Tech....do I hear a Yeah to copy to the "How To" section?

·
Registered
141 Posts
thanks, i know this is a simple mod BUT im sure their is someone who could find some use from this ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Doing this today. Gonna have my buddy hold the gas tank up while i swap the filter so no removing the hoses...damn i'm lazy.

Update : Did it w/o removing gas tank and w/no help. Just turn the gas tank around and rest it on the bike with a towel to avoid scratches.

·
Registered
141 Posts
lol i always take off the gas tank so i can anal clean all the shit no one see's. does anyone else do that???

edit: when is someone going to move this to the "how-to" section???

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
yeah the link you posted just takes me back to this thread.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey, great 'how to'. Wish I would've found this before i requested one :/

·
Registered
69 Posts
Doing this today. Gonna have my buddy hold the gas tank up while i swap the filter so no removing the hoses...damn i'm lazy.

Update : Did it w/o removing gas tank and w/no help. Just turn the gas tank around and rest it on the bike with a towel to avoid scratches.
can the tank just be held up by another person while the filter is changed so I don't have to disconnect wires and such? does holding it up create enough room to make the switch of filters?

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Does the tank have to be completely empty? Any good way to empty it other than letting it run out?
No drainage needed bud, just unhook the gas line and vacuum hose. Maybe put a rag or shop towel underneath in case a little go go juice spills when you first unhook the line but other than that it's fairly simple and straight forward.You can probably do it by simply propping the tank up as well (I have done this on my 1st gen) but its alot easier to justy pull the tank off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts