Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok first off this is about a 3 beer job. so if your not mechanicaly inclined then you may want to pass. However if you change your own oil and light bulbs you should be fine.

First you need to strip the top end of the bike down. Seats, gas tank and a couple of fairings. your bike should look like this for TRE customers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me myself i decided to rought the cable first so i could position the LED little dot down. this attatches with velcrow. I placed mine by the shift light however you can place them anywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok time to wire... sorry about the fuzz...
First bloo's manufacturer sends these little blue wire taps. these things ALWAYS fail down the road. however it is a manufacturer item so you decided if you want to use them. I cut them off and did what us car sterio installers call a "texas twist" witch means you strip the wire then perce it with the other wire. Then twist it into a tight knot. Then tape up. {or heat shrink}

Attachments

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so now you have switched power by taping the fused side of the head light. Now you need ground. 2 ways here.
1 tap the ground with the provided wire tap
2 make a bus ground with a self tapping screw a fork terminal {or ring} and some crimpers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so now the pain in the ass. the TRE tap. So you have 2 harnesses here. 1 the TRE you installed and the old Harness. the TRE is white the old harness is the green one. {stock} The one your meesing with here is the green one.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SIDE NOTE dont wire tie anything up here. you may need to shuffle things around a bit... put them on but wire tie them tight AFTER your done....

OK so the wire provided wont reach if your mounting in the trunk. so you will have to extend this. BUT when you cut the conection off leave yourself 3 or 4 inches to reconnect later... this pin is installed in the back of the green harness witch leads to the green with red wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see these? keep them handy you'll need to adjust them to make the gear indicator from flickering. it will alittle but not too bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so now tighten everything up. shrink your heat shrink and tape up. do a test to make sure everything is working ok.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok now i suggest putting it on a stand and dialing it in or your going to do nothing more than piss your neibers off...

After your all dialed in put your wip back together and dont forget that little cone shapped thing on the right of the airbox. {i did} but once back together take her for a spin..Wana see her?

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
10 speed said:
mods want to do the how too move?
SC….thanks for the pics…….since your accident you have been a little behind but
the gear indicator is kind of on hold unless there is a major demand. You are only the 2nd well 3rd person counting myself to install the Indicator with a TRE unit. So no need to do a “how to” at this point as I haven’t even sold a new unit in over a month. Total sales has been about 10 members on this site and that's it.

I think most of us have experienced some flickering but as long as you always know what gear your in it seems not to be a problem for all thus far which is good.

If you can, PM me where you got those splice connectors for your setup…I would like to give them a try.

Thanks for your efforts. :thumbsup:

bloo

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
good right up some rep on the way.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bluedevil said:
If you can, PM me where you got those splice connectors for your setup…I would like to give them a try.

bloo
it's not a buyable part. it's a solder conection that wont break. I wouldnt sweat it. most manufacturers provide the same set up you do. so your fine... just most 12v tecks do what i did.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
10 speed said:
Thanks for trying to help me out SC, but I don’t think that will be cool,
especially a moderator from another site trying to sell without being a sponsor on their site. Frankly I am surprised the moderators over there have not deleted that thread, because I know if the roles were reversed we most likely would. :badteeth: That is the reason I never advertised on the other forums even though I have been a long time member to all of them.

·
Registered
620 Posts
bloo i might be interested after i take a look at 10speeds set up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts