Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the other posts that talk about doing this but the pictures will not display. My question is were are you tapping into the wires?? Please post some pix if you can. I want to make sure I get this right. :dontknow:

·
Registered
60 Posts
come off the fused side of the fan fuse 15a(under seat) with a wire. attach it to one side of a (single pole/single throw switch) attatch another wire from the other side of the switch to the blue wire going to the fan. use proper wires and switch

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I was hoping I could post this pic from what I did but I guess the puter is smarter
than I am :badteeth: here is the best I could do. I used "manage attachments"
but that is as far as I could go. I am sure it will be up soon from some of the
puter guys on here. :thumbsup:

If.................this works just plug into these wires right under your seat and run
them to your desired location to a "TWO PRONG" switch. Let me know if you need
any more help. :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
BD...don't want to step on anyone's toes her but this needs to be put in the how to.
I want to say this has been the second time I have
put this up for you guys. just a suggestion. ???? :wink:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the Picture. I see how to do it now. It looks like a 5min job :mrgreen:

·
Registered
242 Posts
ok ... 2nd stupidest question asked on this board (allready asked the 1st stupidest)...

morris, you are speaking of tapping into each of those wires and connecting them via a toggle switch, so that when the switch ON, then the fan will be ON; and when the switch is OFF, then the current wil not run between the 2 wires (just like stock) and the fan will remain operation via stock settings

so basically, crossing the blue and the green wire will cause the fan to go on.... correct?

... and yeah, this shoulda been put up in the 'how to' section a long time ago...!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SpeedyCorky, you are correct. When the toggle switch is on the fan is on. When the toggle switch is off the fan operates as it normally would, as the temps change it will turn on and off by itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.