Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just baught a 2014 zx10r. totally stock. 12 000 km. I really like the bike. But i really need some more horsepower
I am a little dissapointet (my last bike was a gsxr turbo with 253rwhp) so I guess its because I was used to that bike.

My question

what/how is a smart way to tune this bike? And how much hp gain can I get?

-I think maybe slip-on + decat (i like design of cs racing, when exhaust is hidden). Is this a good choise?
-And power commander or ECU-flash? I will run it in the dyno
-Maybe 1 tooth down front, and 1 tooth up back?

I dont want to pay to much for the tune (than I maybe go for a H2 instead if the tune get to expensive)

But I think maybe I can live with this bike if I can gain 25-30hp

· Registered
3,933 Posts
25-30hp is easily acheive on these bikes with just a slipon cat delete, airfilter, ecu flash tune. There turds stock due to heavy restrictions in the ecu but once you flash the ecu they defianetly wake up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
6,141 Posts
What kind of riding do you do? If you got for high horsepower, you lose low end and midrange. I have around 189 at the rear wheel on Attack's Dyno.....ECU reflash from Guhl, custom map by Attack, removed secondaries, plus 2 in the rear, and mapped with the catalytic converter in place. I did a full tune, flash and map with the straight pipe....got more power but was terrible on the low end. Put the converter back on and did a completely retune and bike is much better on the track and canyons....I just leave it in 2nd gear most of the time. I'm a fast B group rider on the track. Been improved since this map.
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel
rack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts