Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved this email, can't verify the numbers but i wouldn't be surprised. Thought it was funny and thought-provoking so i'd pass it along.

Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,

It is now official you are ALL corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM ??

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Wal-Mart has caused as much unemployement with its practice of undercutting small businesses in every town it opens in then they hire....The people that have either lost their business and or jobs as a result can only get part-time employement at Wal-Mart and then are taught to seek government assistance due to the low wage and lack of hours. All the merchandise comes from China....If you have a job a Wal-Mart you don't know if the company has a separate life insurance policy on you that pays the company if you die and not your family........Something like our government does when you die and they keep your social security etc.....So i really don't see much of a difference with our current government and the Wal-Mart business strategy...but i like your post...i just hate Wal-Mart...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
588 Posts
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

These two really got me. #4 b/c in all fairness, K-Mart is out of there so there's only 5 real companies there...lol damn blue light specials.

#12 Almost made my jaw drop, I can actually access two walmarts and a Walmart distribution center from my apartment. Never even thought about it...

·
Registered
190 Posts
i have to admitit i go to wal mart on a daily basis and it is the cheapest place to buy food.

·
Registered
681 Posts
it's amazing that with a profit margin like that, they still manage to pay their workers either minimum wage or not much more than minimum wage. the rich get richer!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wal-Mart has caused as much unemployement with its practice of undercutting small businesses in every town it opens in then they hire....The people that have either lost their business and or jobs as a result can only get part-time employement at Wal-Mart and then are taught to seek government assistance due to the low wage and lack of hours. All the merchandise comes from China....If you have a job a Wal-Mart you don't know if the company has a separate life insurance policy on you that pays the company if you die and not your family........Something like our government does when you die and they keep your social security etc.....So i really don't see much of a difference with our current government and the Wal-Mart business strategy...but i like your post...i just hate Wal-Mart...:mrgreen:
Guess the difference is the gov't is broke and in debt, wal-mart is not. For the record, i'm not a big fan of wal-mart either, rare that i shop there. I'd like to say because of their business practices, but more because their lack of customer service and crowds.

Snopes says its mostly accurate...
I was afraid of that, but somehow not surprised.:lol: I counted up 4 within 15 miles, double that if you increase it to 20 miles.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wal-Mart has caused as much unemployment with its practice of undercutting small businesses in every town it opens in
Plus not offering a "living wage" to those they do employ.

As a former employee of a National Laboratory. I take exception to your figure of 16,000 DOE employees. Hey, I loved working there, but talk about bureaucracy!
The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
Add in the almost 94,000 "contract" workers at the following sites, + the NNSA which was supposed to replace DOE, but now oversee's it.
OUR tax dollars at work!
Albany Research Center
Argonne National Laboratory
Bannister Federal Complex
Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory - focuses on the design and development of nuclear power for the U.S. Navy.
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Center for Functional Nanomaterials (under design or construction)
Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies (under design or construction)
Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences
Center for Nanoscale Materials (under design or construction)
Environmental Measurements Laboratory (now affiliated with the Department of Homeland Security)
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory
Kansas City Plant
Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory - operates for Naval Reactors Program Research under the DOE - DOE facility, not a National Laboratory
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Los Alamos National Laboratory
National Petroleum Technology Office
Nevada Test Site
New Brunswick Laboratory
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Office of Fossil Energy[1]
Office of River Protection[2] (Hanford Site)
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Pantex
Radiological and Environmental Sciences Laboratory
Sandia National Laboratories
Savannah River National Laboratory
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility
Y-12 National Security Complex
Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository

·
Chairman of the Board
16,019 Posts
Ill have to say that I think Walmart would do a much more efficient job than our government. By the way, Im not sure our President or the 535 members of our legislature deserve more than the minimum wage that Walmart would pay them.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Ill have to say that I think Walmart would do a much more efficient job than our government. By the way, Im not sure our President or the 535 members of our legislature deserve more than the minimum wage that Walmart would pay them.
:iamwithst

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
several issues that could be addressed.
-why is it you are mostly drug tetested to get a job, yet you are not to receive welfare?
-why must you work before you can draw unemployment, yet you do not do draw wel-fare OR disability?
-how can you possibly get a tax refund, when the money you are getting on gv't assistance is purely form tax money?
-haow can people get free healthcare by simply showing up and skipping out on payment, yet people that have jobs pay upwards of $600-1k per month (just in case)?
-how can you give welfare recipients a free cell phone to keep in touch with their family, with 200 free minutes per month of talk time? yet we pay $60-100 per month for the same services?
-you can draw un-employment for up to 99 weeks, as long as you are attempting to gain employment, yet you can draw welfare for generations?

bottom line is all these non-contributors need to be faced with the fact that if you don't put forth an effort to contribute, you dont get free hand outs. i cannot tell yo how many people i deal with that are on disability. i mean young people too! disabled from what? you sure can party, an dcruise wal-mart all day, suck up my tax dollars and free load like a professional. it will never be fixed, it was not broken over night, therefore it wiil no tbe fixed overnight. more so the fact that people dont want to fix it, because they are fk'n lazy, and like the free sh!t.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
several issues that could be addressed.
-why is it you are mostly drug tetested to get a job, yet you are not to receive welfare?
-why must you work before you can draw unemployment, yet you do not do draw wel-fare OR disability?
-how can you possibly get a tax refund, when the money you are getting on gv't assistance is purely form tax money?
-haow can people get free healthcare by simply showing up and skipping out on payment, yet people that have jobs pay upwards of $600-1k per month (just in case)?
-how can you give welfare recipients a free cell phone to keep in touch with their family, with 200 free minutes per month of talk time? yet we pay $60-100 per month for the same services?
-you can draw un-employment for up to 99 weeks, as long as you are attempting to gain employment, yet you can draw welfare for generations?

bottom line is all these non-contributors need to be faced with the fact that if you don't put forth an effort to contribute, you dont get free hand outs. i cannot tell yo how many people i deal with that are on disability. i mean young people too! disabled from what? you sure can party, an dcruise wal-mart all day, suck up my tax dollars and free load like a professional. it will never be fixed, it was not broken over night, therefore it wiil no tbe fixed overnight. more so the fact that people dont want to fix it, because they are fk'n lazy, and like the free sh!t.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ya Ya Hahaha thats just great..Walmart rulez (yes that is sarcasm)

Here is a reality check..welcome to the death of the middle class! These gigantic entitys are putting "mom and pop" type establishments out of business left, right, and center...then you have the government helping other huge companys whos shareholder and owners will never have enough money to quench their greed busting all the unions... and then what do you have....a population whos majority will be living at poverty levels while a few who already have too much live the lifstyles of the rich and famous.:dontknow:

I am not a hater of the rich. Some of these people work very hard to achive what they have BUT I think that every hard working person who gets themselves up everyday and does the grind deserves to live a comfortable lifestyle and not worry everyday if they are going to have enough money to put food on the table for there family and keep a roof over there heads...thats reality people...the ultra rich have manipulated the system so the get richer while the middle class slowly becomes nothing more than slaves.

(no I am not a communist)
(no I am not some sort of consperecy theorist)

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
For what it's worth, the only time I ever shop at Walmart is when they have something that I can't get somewhere else.

Although they've done a better job of staying in business than the government has, it has been at the cost of many others, as other posts have already mentioned. I'm not a fan of their business model.

My rainy day fund is invested in the stock market, but not Walmart. Won't touch it.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya Ya Hahaha thats just great..Walmart rulez (yes that is sarcasm)

Here is a reality check..welcome to the death of the middle class! These gigantic entitys are putting "mom and pop" type establishments out of business left, right, and center...then you have the government helping other huge companys whos shareholder and owners will never have enough money to quench their greed busting all the unions... and then what do you have....a population whos majority will be living at poverty levels while a few who already have too much live the lifstyles of the rich and famous.:dontknow:

I am not a hater of the rich. Some of these people work very hard to achive what they have BUT I think that every hard working person who gets themselves up everyday and does the grind deserves to live a comfortable lifestyle and not worry everyday if they are going to have enough money to put food on the table for there family and keep a roof over there heads...thats reality people...the ultra rich have manipulated the system so the get richer while the middle class slowly becomes nothing more than slaves.

(no I am not a communist)
(no I am not some sort of consperecy theorist)
I agree they deserve it, but some feel they're entitled to it. It also helps if the job you've chosen allows you the type lifestyle you want to live. Or at the very least you adjust your lifestyle to the job and pay you have. There is the problem with most households today. The younger generation (myself included) wants to have in just a few years what took their parents 30 years to acquire. In the majority of these cases, the only way to accomplish that is go into major debt. In reality, most have become slaves to debt rather than the elite rich class. I'm thankful for the extremely wealthy owners/ceos of the company i'm employed by. They are providing a good job for me.

If the average wal-mart employee is unhappy with their wages, they should be looking everyday for a new job or two to replace it. If wal-mart had trouble finding peple to work for those wages, they'd raise them. Some people are just lazy and just getting by is enough for them. I know this is not the case for everyone, but i'm sure most could do better if they desired.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Watch "Wal-Mart, the high cost of low prices". After watching that movie, I couldn't respect myself for shopping at Wal-Mart. I only go in there when I absolutely have to. And I always feel dirt/guilty when I walk out. I try to only support the mom/pop shops, even if they're more expensive.

·
Registered
117 Posts
spot on hayden41. you can only place so much blame on walmart. at some point you have to look at the employees and customers as well. the employees settle for what they got, and the customer pays the store for the convenience. walmart is where they're at because we put it there. i shop there too, and i hate every minute that im in there (except for the fact that there always seems to be hot women in there). but you cant deny that there business strategy is brilliant.

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
The title of this post is "How to fix the economy". Let me offer my two cents. I spend my days, nights and weekends saving people's homes from foreclosure. We have a lot of tricks we use and yes, I have a lot of clients and yes, I make a lot of money. The problem is the lenders are doing everything they can to sell people's homes. I truly believe the answer is "the government nationalizing the lenders". Everyone hates me for this, but interesting enough...just last month, Bill Gross of Pimco said the same damn thing. The lenders in this country have fawked and are continually fawking every homeowner in this country. Guys, I get phone calls from people crying every day about how the lenders are screwing them. I told the damn FBI over a year ago they need to investigate the lenders, and mentioned IndyMac for one, Chase as another and Bank of America as a third. The WalMart issue is a nit.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Recieved this email, can't verify the numbers but i wouldn't be surprised. Thought it was funny and thought-provoking so i'd pass it along.

Wal-Mart vs. The Morons

1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.

8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.

11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)

You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,

It is now official you are ALL corrupt morons:

a.. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b.. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 74 years to get it right and it is broke.

c.. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 71 years to get it right and it is broke.

d.. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

e.. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 44 years to get it right and they are broke.

f.. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 39 years to get it right and it is broke.

g.. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 32 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM ??

"Govt is the problem"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts