Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello and welcome

brake delete means removing front and rear calipers, do you want to remove the levers too?
ABS delete is a different matter.
No I just need to remove rear caliper and disc and 1 front disc and caliper on the right because the left side holds wheel speed censor so it’d just be easier to leave that side on

·
Registered
Gen3
419 Posts
I think putting the bike on front/rear stand, and work with the wheels removed one after the other should be best. If there is ABS, then you would need to check the hose routing and remove necessarily. You can consider ABS delete with a dongle.

The front caliper to remove 1 hose, and rebleed. If ABS delete you'll need a new hose. Removing caliper also affects brake lever feel (due to MC to caliper ratio now doubling).

May I ask why?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I just need to remove rear caliper and disc and 1 front disc and caliper on the right because the left side holds wheel speed censor so it’d just be easier to leave that side on
I think putting the bike on front/rear stand, and work with the wheels removed one after the other should be best. If there is ABS, then you would need to check the hose routing and remove necessarily. You can consider ABS delete with a dongle.

The front caliper to remove 1 hose, and rebleed. If ABS delete you'll need a new hose. Removing caliper also affects brake lever feel (due to MC to caliper ratio now doubling).

May I ask why?
Yes I have abs delete dongle and I have the bike on both stands and I have both wheels off along with both disc off and rear caliper off but still trying to finger out best way to remove both hoses and it’s for the drag strip I don’t plan on riding this bike on the street it’s gonna be strictly a drag bike and I also am converting the last rotor I have to a full floating rotor

·
Registered
Gen3
419 Posts
Since you will be messing with brake fluids I would remove/cover painted panels and have soapy water on standby

Does the ABS delete provide instructions? at least be able to locate the ABS pump. I think it is under the tank - ppl remove the hose attachment at the ABS and plug the holes while letting the fluids bleed dry (ROGUE RACING ZX-10R ABS Removal) or, if you want to keep the hose attached, a good idea is to bag the banjo ends and double zip tie or elastic band to prevent brake fluid leak for the next step.

Some just cut the hoses at the ABS pump and bend the metal hose to stop fluid leak.

Following the hose routes and remove all the securing brackets along the way.

Banjos on rear brake pump, rear caliper, front MC, and both calipers... I would remove these last, after loosen all mounting hardware securing the hoses.

Here's how the hoses might look like, with metal sections coming out from the ABS pump, joining to rubber hoses at a connecting block. The metal hose at connecting block is detacheable. so you may pull them out from both ends.

Front
Body jewelry Eyewear Font Twig Slope

Rear
Slope Eyewear Font Rectangle Twig

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since you will be messing with brake fluids I would remove/cover painted panels and have soapy water on standby

Does the ABS delete provide instructions? at least be able to locate the ABS pump. I think it is under the tank - ppl remove the hose attachment at the ABS and plug the holes while letting the fluids bleed dry (ROGUE RACING ZX-10R ABS Removal) or, if you want to keep the hose attached, a good idea is to bag the banjo ends and double zip tie or elastic band to prevent brake fluid leak for the next step.

Some just cut the hoses at the ABS pump and bend the metal hose to stop fluid leak.

Following the hose routes and remove all the securing brackets along the way.

Banjos on rear brake pump, rear caliper, front MC, and both calipers... I would remove these last, after loosen all mounting hardware securing the hoses.

Here's how the hoses might look like, with metal sections coming out from the ABS pump, joining to rubber hoses at a connecting block. The metal hose at connecting block is detacheable. so you may pull them out from both ends.

Front
View attachment 450299

Rear
View attachment 450300
Thanks a lot this is exactly what I needed, your much appreciated my friend🙏🏽

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes I have abs delete dongle and I have the bike on both stands and I have both wheels off along with both disc off and rear caliper off but still trying to finger out best way to remove both hoses and it’s for the drag strip I don’t plan on riding this bike on the street it’s gonna be strictly a drag bike and I also am converting the last rotor I have to a full floating rotor
leave the rear brake on what if the front break fails

1 - 10 of 10 Posts