Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I searched for this on a lot of forums and did not find my answer.

I got a 04 zx-10r and there's an Hyperpro RSC that came with it. I'm the kind of person who likes to know if everything is in working order before pushing the bike to the maximum.

I took the damper out of the bike to test the way it worked. There a definite difference between the lowest and the highest setting, but how do I know if the resitance is good? I mean I was able to push it back and forth pretty easily even at the highest setting.

I tried looking at videos on youtube, but none of them shows the damper being pushed by hand.

So can somebody help me in knowing if my damper is working good. There definitly no leaks, but that doesnt mean there hasnt been a leak before I bought it.

Thanks a lot. I don't post very often, but I love this forum, thanks for everyone who contributed.

Alex

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I've owned 2 HyperPro dampers both of them leaked eventually and both of them were pretty much crap to begin with. If you absolutely have to get that mental confidence of knowing your stuff works like it is supposed to and want to remove all doubt in the equipment then buy a higher quality brand of damper period.

Basically: " take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically: " take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
Haha, nice summary.

I might have to go that way, but still, I'd like to know if it's in good order if I decide to sell the damper.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Sounds like it works about like the stock dampers that come on Kawis from the factory. Basically just on there for looks. :) On my revalved Ohlins I can't even move the rod by hand (or barely move it) when it's not mounted on the bike and set on its highest setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts