Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds crazy but I would like to detune my 10 so my fiance can ride it. Has anyone done this? Any ideas would help. Have an 05 and dont want to sell her when my 08 gets here, everyone should have 2 anyway. Thanks Wolfwolf78

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
My first thought for you that comes to mind is buy the 07Gixxer, it comes with an A,B and C switch....C mode is low power......The First Gen 10rs are a Raw animal like a lion, and that's almost impossible to tame :mrgreen: but if you chop the leg off a lion that should slow it down so I suggest taking one of the spark plugs out. :crackup:

j/m somewhat I hope someone else has a better idea. :helmet:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hey, electroinic wizards! Isn't there some way to put a few thorns in its paws ?Combo of timing/fuel limitations ? Really have no cllue myself but sounds like it would be easier than squeezing 180 HP out of it ???
- maybe a simple fix like limiting throttle cable travel or max rpm ?:dontknow:
or maybe just get her a new 250!:mrgreen:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hey, electroinic wizards! Isn't there some way to put a few thorns in its paws ?Combo of timing/fuel limitations ? Really have no cllue myself but sounds like it would be easier than squeezing 180 HP out of it ???
- maybe a simple fix like limiting throttle cable travel or max rpm ?:dontknow:
or maybe just get her a new 250!:mrgreen:
I think the throttle cable travel is a good idea, also the new 250 ninja :thumbsup:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Maybe Rifleman can come up with a 400 degree throttle ?:wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Well for all we know is wolfwolf78 doesn’t really want to get rid of his first Gen because he loves the RAW power and is making an excuse to keep it just encase the New 08 doesn’t put a smile on his face like the 1st Gen :dontknow::wink::helmet:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hey, everyone's gotta start somewhere and work their way up !!!
I think keepin' both "10's" and gettin the Lady something more in keeping with abilities is a good move....if ya can't tame the stallion, get her a mare....
at least he's thinkin' in the right direction !:badteeth:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
My first thought for you that comes to mind is buy the 07Gixxer, it comes with an A,B and C switch....C mode is low power......The First Gen 10rs are a Raw animal like a lion, and that's almost impossible to tame :mrgreen: but if you chop the leg off a lion that should slow it down so I suggest taking one of the spark plugs out. :crackup:

j/m somewhat I hope someone else has a better idea. :helmet:

Like this? Anyone seen a Dyno sheet on the 3 way map Suzukis? AKA and hereafter refeered to as the "Retard Switch".

I post this one for the curios. This is from the new 08 Busa just dynoed last week.

JJ

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Like this? Anyone seen a Dyno sheet on the 3 way map Suzukis? AKA and hereafter refeered to as the "Retard Switch".

I post this one for the curios. This is from the new 08 Busa just dynoed last week.

JJ
190 in stock form or the A setting "retard" switch :bs:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Setting A (full power all the time) 190.70

Setting B (partial retard postion) 182.30

Setting C (retard position) 130 HP

I have read many times that Pos B was suppose to reduce power below a certain RPM and past that back to full power. These dyno runs doesnt appear to support that. If that was the case POS B should make the same top end as Pos A. :dontknow:

JJ

·
Banned
3,645 Posts

Remember now, we arent suppose to concern ourselves with #s, but instead what the mods do to improve it. :lol:

I don't care as much about the #s, but the difference in the #s from the different switch postions.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Honestly the only way to detame the 10 is to retard the timing. Another way would be to add fuel like crazy to the map. However in either instance I'm sure you're going to get to a point that you are hurting the motor. Timing seems to be a good way to detune but I'm unsure of the reprocussions to detuning it the full 10 degrees that a timing module will allow.

Alternatively, change the gearing. This is probably the easiest move to make but it will probably make it a little harder to ride around in traffic. She'll probably be slippin the clutch a lot off of traffic lights but this would be better than killing a good motor. Drop some teeth on the rear and add 1 to the front. It will still have full motor power that it always has... it just wouldn't feel like it used to.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Why would you do that to your 05?

I know this sounds crazy but I would like to detune my 10 so my fiance can ride it. Has anyone done this? Any ideas would help. Have an 05 and dont want to sell her when my 08 gets here, everyone should have 2 anyway. Thanks Wolfwolf78
Just my opinion here but to have the baddest machine on the planet and try to make it a begginer bike seemscompletely out of place... I understand what you are tryin to do but all the ideas so far have some serious negative and pretty permanant side affects to this street legal racing rocket. If you mess with fuel mixtures, you would carbon everything all up or run so hot you'll burn a hole somewheres a hole shouldn't be, pullin plugs would certainly do it but the eventual build up of fuel in the exhaust; while probably lookin REALLY COOL, would sooner or later ignite, and all the fuel in the cylinders would wash down the walls of the cylinder and get into the oil. A lubrication breakdown would not be fun in these bikes, and i hardly think you want that.
The best idea i think we've heard was a nice ninja 500 or 250 or sumthin cuz even limiting throttle travel would be dangerous cuz... well once u build up rpms, no matter how fast u got em there this monster develops some REAL POWER. I will end this by sayin this is just my opinion and i by no means am tryin to question your fiance's ability's , but i think she would get frightened away from riding if started on the zx10. I had been riding for about ten years when i got mine and holy shit, i was scared. lol any way good luck man

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Remember now, we arent suppose to concern ourselves with #s, but instead what the mods do to improve it. :lol:

I don't care as much about the #s, but the difference in the #s from the different switch postions.
No I agree the diff. is ok but even on a happy Dyno I still call BS but with minor mods it's possible. Here is some tests on the New 08 ZX14 Rickey Gadson done:

"I know you guys aren't going to believe me but, as my name is Rickey Gadson, I swear all results are true and honest!

I wanted to post Dyno results in stages, but Frank must have a lock on pictures, as I have not been able to post graphs since last week sometime.

I find it hard to believe myself but,this 2008 ZX14 is....what it is!
I wouldn't associate my name with this if I did not think I could duplicate it with any 08 ZX14.

UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE

Today I received my new Prototype exhaust pipe from Muzzys which he has been extensively testing with the 1530cc\ 240hp pkg.

It looks like the M-10 with different dimensions, but it obviously works!

I dynoed the 08 today with now 119 miles on it, and it made 179.6.
One hr later I was ready to go back on the dyno as to keep the conditions the same.

The graph went from 179hp to 188hp with pump gas.
After a few runs to heat cycle the bike it jump up to 190.
A few more cycles and bam.......191.4
On the next run the bike started to run out of fuel and made more hp because it leaned out before it ran out.

That told me it was gonna love U4.....and luv it did.
4 runs lata 197.0 but what was unbelievable was the torque..................120 ftlbs with NO tuning!!
DAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNN!

Lets recap all mods from crate til now:

lowered front and rear
Ceramic wheel bearings(World wide bearings)
no filter
Muzzys new (M-14) pipe
-1 tooth on rear (40 tooth)
U 4 fuel

things still stock:

chain(til tomorrow)
No Power commander
tire
secondarys still in place

will post graph when possible.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sick Paint!!!

I got a solution on the original topic! switch the front and rear sprockets, that should tame the beast.
That fade to black from kaw green is awesome!! i want it!!
Oh yeah the gear change would make it a whole different bike but I'd be worried it would be even harder to start off, like she'd have to slip the clutch a whole lot to get goin and stuff, but i dunno ive never done it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts