Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How NOT to clean your chain. **GRAPHIC PICS***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*****LEAVE NOW IF YOU WILL BE OFFENDED BY GRAPHIC PICS*****

I will start off by saying that I am a worthless squid rookie and I suck at everything in life.
I was about to go for a ride today and my chain was pretty nasty, so I put it up on the stands and got out the wd-40 and a rag. I started the bike, put it in gear and let it idle. I sprayed the chain down really well and I put the rag up to it and it got caught and took my hand with it through the rear sprocket. I had to have everything above my last joint amputated on my index, pointer and my ring finger on my right hand. Thankfully I am left handed. It was a stupid mistake on my part and now I will forever pay the price for it. Say what you will, flame away, I don't care. I have accepted it and I take full responsibility. I made a choice (not knowing any better) and I will live with the consequences for the rest of my life. I thought I would post this so that 1.) no one else ever makes this mistake and 2.) To show that you don't have to be riding for a bike to get you hurt.

· Still here
9,051 Posts
Sorry to hear it but don't put yourself down.

At least you are sharing the story to remind no one else to make the same mistake.

You aren't the first to have learned the hard way.

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is not me this is something i found on another forum i tryed to get the pictures but dont know how to bring them over but the pictures are nasty if you know how to get the pictures go on the r6 fourm and find it and post for a reminder what not to do please

· Still here
9,051 Posts
this is not me this is something i found on another forum i tryed to get the pictures but dont know how to bring them over but the pictures are nasty if you know how to get the pictures go on the r6 fourm and find it and post for a reminder what not to do please
Cool- I thought it sounded very familiar.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.