Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a drop on the lower right of my gauges glass:eek:ccasion1 . It's like a scuff that won't come off. I tried Honda Spray Polish, but nothing. Any advice (besides don't get it on the gauges)?

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Brake fluid is corrosive and leaves permanent marks. You're probably not going to get that spot off of your gauges.:sad:

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
same thing happened to me when i was bleeding my brakes. used some mother's cleaner wax and on my finger and rubbed in circles for a couple minutes. repeated the process a couple times and looks all better.:thumbsup:

now i'm real careful when bleeding and cover everything up with old towels and shop cloths.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I know if you take like 3000 grit sand paper or even higher you can polish it out.... IVe seen it done on windsheilds on cruisers and stuff like that... you should be able to smooth it out... just takes time.

·
Registered
615 Posts
You can also give some metal polish a try....Mothers Aluminum and Mag polish in that small red/white metal can works pretty well for this type of problem.
NAPA Auto Parts also sells an optic/lense kit which contains an abrasive pad that can be used with a drill to buff out heavy scratches or scuffs on plastic lenses...If you use either of these methods, be patient with it and take it slow....don't want to make matters worse. If you go the NAPA route and the guy behind the counter can't find it..send me a PM...I used to work for them and I will send you the part number.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try some of the techniques tomorrow. I'm glad I can always come here to seek advice or consolences for the stupid crap I do.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
If you can't get it you can probably always look for a gauge that's broke and going for cheap and just use their front cover off that one...would require more work than cleaning though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts