Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok I am doing this how to because a few members requested it so since this is my first one take it easy on me.:wink:

First off you will need these things to get the job done. Brake cleaner, tooth brush, some rags, and a 5 & 6mm T-handle hex tool.:thumbsup:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Next, we are going to want to remove the pads and to do so you need to remove the pics holding the pads in with a 5mm hex tool.
I also put the pads and pics back together the way I took them out for reference so you dont get confused when you put them back together. I also clean off the pins and pad spring before I put it back together.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Then you will need to pump the front brake lever to push the pistons out of the calipers a little so you can clean them off better. Make sure not to push them to far out or they will fall out and brake fluid will be everywhere.:wink:

You can start to clean now and I try not to spray the brake cleaner directly on the pistons as there are seals underneath and that can ruin the seals. So spray around it or just on the tooth brush. Make sure to get around the whole piston and wipe with a rag. I also clean off the entire caliper to make it look almost as good as new.:mrgreen:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
When you are done cleaning push all the pistons in as far as you can so the pads are easy to install.
Install the pads making sure the pin goes through pad, pad spring and then pad again and tigthen with a 5mm hex tool.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
Mount the caliper back onto the bike by tightening the 2 6mm caliper bolts and you are good to go. Make sure to pull the lever to get the pistons and pads back into contact with the rotor or else the first rdie may be interesting without any brakes right away. Enjoy!!!:mrgreen: :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.