Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i need input from the experts.
I have a gen4 in a race car. I have the race kit ecu and harness. We are not aloved to use wheel speed sensors, so I need to bypass them. I have unplugged them, but I get error code 24 and 27 and the meter is flashing while I'm driving on track.

I have tried to have them in aswell, but I get the same error messages as they do not get the input as expected.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Will likely need to send ecu to to guhl to have codes turned off inside it. Plus they can do a lot more for you too to make 20hp more.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Woops. Not sure about kit ecu but should be in there. You have the tuning cable and software?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
First, I'd call Don Guhl - 717 618 4212. No flashing, no sensors. But he may not be able to do this immediately, I doubt he has encountered this need before. But he might, I don't know, call him.

Or, ignore the flashing dash. You'll get used to it.

Or, try to convince the race officials that you will not use traction control. Leave your sensors in place. Turn traction control off every time you start the car.

And: post pics please. Is this an open wheel, asphalt car? What weight?

Dean

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woops. Not sure about kit ecu but should be in there. You have the tuning cable and software?
I have the software and tuning cable, but can't find a setting in the software to disable the sensors.

I will upload pictures later, do not have them here atm.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Pics or it doesn't exist...:heyyou:

Sounds awesome, we're all waiting!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First, I'd call Don Guhl - 717 618 4212. No flashing, no sensors. But he may not be able to do this immediately, I doubt he has encountered this need before. But he might, I don't know, call him.

Or, ignore the flashing dash. You'll get used to it.

Or, try to convince the race officials that you will not use traction control. Leave your sensors in place. Turn traction control off every time you start the car.

And: post pics please. Is this an open wheel, asphalt car? What weight?

Dean
Not sure if guhl knows the kit ecu, but it might be worth a try. I am consirdering putting them both on the rear axl so they read the same. That would take out the tracking control.... But I rather bypass them, so I do not have to take care of them anymore.

The car is for track racing and rally cross. Have a look at www.shortcar.com.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Wow, that's frickin awesome! How much does one of those cost to build?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, that's frickin awesome! How much does one of those cost to build?
Well it's depends, between 30-50000 us. Weight is 2.3 * Hk + 80 for driver. So for me with gen4 it is 540 kg. I promise you it moves, we use 16 * 49 sprockets. But I have never tried this engine on a bike, that is insane if you Ask me, hehe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts