Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woud like to be insured during trackdays. i would like to be personaly insured not my bike for medicals and also salary and injurys. do you have insurance? if so please let me know who to contact. thanks

·
Registered
516 Posts
If you have comprehensive coverage on your bike, you are covered at the track. Check with your current insurer for details. The only other insurance, which you need to verify with your insurer is LifeFilght (helicopter). If your insurance doesn't cover the ride it will cost you about $10k if something happens.:cool:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have comprehensive coverage on your bike, you are covered at the track. Check with your current insurer for details. The only other insurance, which you need to verify with your insurer is LifeFilght (helicopter). If your insurance doesn't cover the ride it will cost you about $10k if something happens.:cool:
i dont have no coverage cause my bikes are trackbikes only and i am canadian and if i was insured i would zero coverage on any track.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I woud like to be insured during trackdays. i would like to be personaly insured not my bike for medicals and also salary and injurys. do you have insurance? if so please let me know who to contact. thanks
I sware I thought the title said "injured" at first :lol: :spit: :crackup:

JK

·
Registered
572 Posts
i dont have no coverage cause my bikes are trackbikes only and i am canadian and if i was insured i would zero coverage on any track.

WTF are you talking about? Of course you do not have coverage on the bikes if they are non registered track bikes but I believe there are a few companies that can hook you up for track bikes. I just accept the fact that if it gets totalled it is my own problem and that's why I went with a track bike that wouldn't break the bank. Try Cherrypickerracing.com, mostly Canadian racers on that site. Ask your question on that site. As for medical you are covered. I doesn't matter if you broke your neck racing two wheeled missiles or fell helping some old lady cross the street.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WTF are you talking about? Of course you do not have coverage on the bikes if they are non registered track bikes but I believe there are a few companies that can hook you up for track bikes. I just accept the fact that if it gets totalled it is my own problem and that's why I went with a track bike that wouldn't break the bank. Try Cherrypickerracing.com, mostly Canadian racers on that site. Ask your question on that site. As for medical you are covered. I doesn't matter if you broke your neck racing two wheeled missiles or fell helping some old lady cross the street.
i've been trying for 10 years to get this kind of coverage and in canada it's almost impossible, i use to race in ontario at shannonville and know many racers there and asked around a lot, but when asked to clearly state that i was covered for trackdays it caused some problems. that's why i'm searching in the usa, i think i will be able to find what i need in the states.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
by the way the coverage i want is in case of permanent injury and salary not canadian medical, i know i'm covered for medical in canada.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Health insurance should cover you (assuming this is an occasional thing and not something you do as a profession), but anything else would be very doubtfull.

I know my life, disability and motorcycle insurance do not cover anything beyond street riding.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I believe you would have to carry some sort of disablilty insurance. I carry a short term disability policy in case something happens. I also have long term disability through my med insurance.

State Farm here in the states will cover you at a trackday. I don't know how that would work with you being from Canada....

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I am pretty sure that you can get them cover you as long as you dont say you are "Racing." Saw a similar thing happen at a car event where a guy in a brand new bimmer hit the wall and ended up getting covered by explaining that he was doing "driver education."

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Its called supplemental insurance. I have Afflac and it really works. Depending on your policy you can be covered on or off the job no matter what happens to you. Another company is called Combined. We were with them but switched to Afflac because it had better coverage for the same money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts