Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is not a thorough how to. I am only posting some handy tools to do the job that worked well for me with little mess.

Tools ---> I posted links for visual identification of parts only

- Fork Oil Level Gauge by Traxxion Dynamics http://www.traxxion.com/detail-42.aspx

- Performance Tool Bleed-O-Matic Amazon.com: OEM 25036 Bleed-O-Matic One-Man Brake Bleeder Kit: Home Improvement

Since I do not plan on ever working on forks again :badteeth: I used my TD fluid level gauge as a way to fill my small rear brake reservoir. This served very useful in filling the front reservoir as well. In reverse it can be used to remove excess brake fluid. Although I do not know if the plastic material will hold up well with brake fluid. :dontknow:

The Bleed-O-Matic tool is extremely useful in bleeding the caliper/MC since it has a magnetic catch tank. With this tool you simply push the plastic hose over the brake bleeder and the catch tank holds excess fluid.

Bleed-O-Matic tool mounted to rear brake disc and rear caliper

Fork Oil Level Gauge by Traxxion Dynamics filled with brake fluid

Pic after brakes were bleed and reservoir filled.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
ATE Super Blue DOT 4
Good post and rep comin your way man.....why don't you use the gilles stand adapters you have on the bike? :lol:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
I just use my garage shop vac, and suck the brake fluid outta the reservoir and then open the bleeder screws and made an adapter to reduce the vac hose down to fit the bleeder screw and suck the fluid outta the lines and calipers.

Refilled and had a friend add fluid and pump the brake while I bled them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts