Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gen 2 and have a question. I just recently purchased my bike and am trying to get everything in order. The front forks are set all the way to soft. Is this how its supposed to be set? If not where are they supposed to be set at. The front wheel wobbles like crazy when i got faster than 120. I hit 140 and it was wobbling like crazy. Is it because they are set all the way to soft? The front tire has plenty of tread left so i know it cant be the tire. Or can it? Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is a noob question but ive never dealt with adjusting the forks. Have a great day everyone

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have a gen 2 and have a question. I just recently purchased my bike and am trying to get everything in order. The front forks are set all the way to soft. Is this how its supposed to be set? If not where are they supposed to be set at. The front wheel wobbles like crazy when i got faster than 120. I hit 140 and it was wobbling like crazy. Is it because they are set all the way to soft? The front tire has plenty of tread left so i know it cant be the tire. Or can it? Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is a noob question but ive never dealt with adjusting the forks. Have a great day everyone
You need to get the suspension adjusted for your weight. If you have a shop near by that you trust have them set it up for you. They need to adjust the static sag front rear and then adjust rebound and compression so both ends compress and rebound at the same rate. Kawaski ZX10R's have harsh front forks as delivered. I normally run very little compression in the forks to give better feel up front. Even though the tire has tread you need to check if its worn evenly a worn front tire or one thats cupped could cause wobble problems. The last thing is make sure its not you putting input into the bars causing the wobble.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention the bottom adjusters are set right in the middle of hard and soft. Then the top adjusters are set all the way to soft

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,542 Posts
Just because the tread on the tire is good is meaningless. The tire could be cupped, out of round, out of balance, bent rim, etc. Most likely it's what causing the wobble.

You suspension should be adjusted for your weight, not full in either direction. Owner's manual and service manual will get you back to stock, but still won't be right for YOUR bike. Go to YouTube and find some instructional videos for this. Hell, I'll do it for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9yQylk1heI

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for the replies. The tire isnt cupped a d the wheel isnt bent. So i am going to take it in and have it balanced. Thags video that you supplied was a very informative video. Me and my buddy are going to adjust it this weekend. Once again thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts