Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did these today and decided to do a how to. I took as many pictures as possible to make it really easy to follow. Hopefully someone can use this or encourage someone to do their own install and save some money on labor.

1. Remove side panels

2. Remove the seat

3. Remove the top bolt on the tank

4. Prop the tank and disconnect the the fuel pump and gas line

5. Disconnect the bottom bolt on the gas tank

6. Remove the gas tank and place it in a safe place

7. Locate the gray plug on the left side and unplug them

8. Remove the white covers on both sides with a small screwdriver

9. Push the two middle, centered pins out on both connectors

10. Plug the wires in the new connectors

11. Put the white plastic covers back on the gray plug

12. Plug the gray connector back together

13. Run the red wire to the positive battery terminal

14. Plug the GIPRO to the two connectors

15. Route the unit to the dash and run the wire for a clean install

16. Program if needed

17. Pat yourself on your back and go for a ride

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did these today and decided to do a how to. I took as many pictures as possible to make it really easy to follow. Hopefully someone can use this or encourage someone to do their own install and save some money on labor.

1. Remove side panels

2. Remove the seat

3. Remove the top bolt on the tank

4. Prop the tank and disconnect the the fuel pump and gas line

5. Disconnect the bottom bolt on the gas tank

6. Remove the gas tank and place it in a safe place

7. Locate the gray plug on the left side and unplug them

8. Remove the white covers on both sides with a small screwdriver

9. Push the two middle, centered pins out on both connectors

10. Plug the wires in the new connectors

11. Put the white plastic covers back on the gray plug

12. Plug the gray connector back together

13. Run the red wire to the positive battery terminal

14. Plug the GIPRO to the two connectors

15. Route the unit to the dash and run the wire for a clean install

16. Program if needed

17. Pat yourself on your back and go for a ride

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
373 Posts
ahh man bro! i was working on mine tonight lol, had pics and all haha. hey great job man, makes a heck of a difference doesn't it

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh man bro! i was working on mine tonight lol, had pics and all haha. hey great job man, makes a heck of a difference doesn't it
hahah, 'tis the season for modding, lol. Haven't test rode it yet. She's still all apart. Doing the speedohealer next. Ran out of sunlight. Doing that tomorrow. I'll do a how to also on that.

I just ordered one yesterday, thanks for the how to!
Welcome, :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
great thread bro

make sure you run it on 1 hard mode, youll never look back ahha

·
Registered
27 Posts
You didn't show how to get the wires out of the stock harness. It took me a second to figure that out when I did my SpeedoHealer.

·
Registered
373 Posts
man it does make a difference, power no longer bogges in low gears, comes on strong! ohh hey and DON'T CHOPE THE THROTTLE IN A CORNER in a lower gear!!! that shit will kill you, engine breaking comes on hard now in first 3 gears. you will wounder why you have not done it in the first place :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You didn't show how to get the wires out of the stock harness. It took me a second to figure that out when I did my SpeedoHealer.
See 9. Just push forward then down with a small screw driver. I used my eyeglass set screwdriver. Also, when you plug them back in, make sure they are oriented right and snap in.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, I got done installing the speedohealer and it is similar. You just push out the 3 lower pins and connect the new plugs to it. Took it for a test ride finally and loving the mods. It's nice knowing what gear you are in and the on and off throttle feels great too. Running number 1.

·
Registered
373 Posts
you done WOT in the first few gears yet to see the difference? be careful when u do btw... the difference is amazing!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you done WOT in the first few gears yet to see the difference? be careful when u do btw... the difference is amazing!
Not even WOT yet because the front wheel won't stay down. I also went -1 up front. 3rd gear clutch ups are so easy now.

·
Registered
609 Posts
One of several misconceptions about the TRE. It only functions at partial throttle. It has zero impact at WOT, since the timing is never retarded at WOT.

Another common one that it only performs at low to mid rpms. TRE function is unrelated to rpms, it works at any rpm when partial throttle is used.

·
Registered
373 Posts
One of several misconceptions about the TRE. It only functions at partial throttle. It has zero impact at WOT, since the timing is never retarded at WOT.

Another common one that it only performs at low to mid rpms. TRE function is unrelated to rpms, it works at any rpm when partial throttle is used.
:eyecrazy::+1:

ur totally:hick: right, i forgot about that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts