Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've going to the drag strip and i CAN NOT seem to get that 60' for nothing in the world do anyone have any pointers, by the way stock wheelbase. my best were 1.75:dontknow:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Practice, practice, practice... Getting more seat time is one of the best things you can do.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I can get 9.90 with stock gearing, but I really have to manipulate the clutch, I launch at 9000 + and then when I feel that dreaded bog down I give her a small squeeze of clutch again.

I have seen a lot of guys (pro'S) do the same thing with the ZX to keep it on the cam and the boys with the 16 tooth front sprocket get into the 9.4's , using straps of course.

There is a video online somewhere of a Blue ZX doing a low 9 , you can hear what the guy is doing to keep the bike on the bubble, I will search it out and post it for ya..

FAF

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
GeorgeC said:
Practice, practice, practice... Getting more seat time is one of the best things you can do.
:+1: :helmet:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll get it one day, I've beeen leaving at 7000. I'll try 9000 today and see what happens. I've been winning my races with a screwed up launch, it'll look bad if i get my 60' down. I beat a busa sunday at the track, i launched bad but caught him in 3rd. zxgreenmachine i saw you there, did you make a pass???

·
Registered
403 Posts
My best so far with -2 in the front is a:

10.1 @ 141mph

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Last year my best 60' was a 1.71 (Not very good). Just get to WOT and play with the clutch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts