Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,226 Posts
I saw that pic a long time ago. Was a neat concept at the time, but it isn't practical and will never happen. A sunlight readable TFT screen is pretty expensive. One with those curved cuts and odd shape would cost wayyyyy too much money. I had envisioned something more like a full-color, larger square display right below the existing LED tach strip and warning lights. Just expend down the current LCD and make it full color with pretty pictures. More of a combo than a full screen like that. We'll see what the next gen brings when it happens.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I had a gen4 and gen5..
gen4 had 190 hp, in a heartbrake dyno. and the dash was fine with that trans...
gen5 and its short trans.... dash is a piece of shit... you hit rev limiter, a lot since f... bike revs so hard and fast...
not only happens to me...
just ordered a shift light....
next year going with a AIm dash..

·
Registered
18 zx10r
345 Posts
I rarely look at the dash. I mostly look at my lap timer. Using AIM SOLO 2. Do models that have TFT stock include GPS?

---

I like Starlane's DaVinici-II S dash

·
Registered
834 Posts
What I like about my AIM MXK10 dash is that it puts the predicted lap time read-out in the line of sight. I used to run AIM Solo but it required that I look down a little bit more--as it was mounted in the location where ignition key is. Not much but a few degrees difference, but if I had to choose I'd prefer the be looking more up than down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It’s interesting when Kawasaki already decides to finally update the display like the new BMW, for example

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
143 Posts
Which is about the only thing that hasn't a fault with it on the new Gen 4 RR

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts