Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was about 2 years ago when I first started riding. I was ticketed for riding on a learners permit. The cop said its a NO POINT TICKET, just pay it. Well I went to court thinking he wasnt gonna show, fine reduced to 200$ IIRC, payed it. Now I just got a driving record for a CDL job im hoping to get and now its showing up as 2 points???

FK48681 NON COMM CL C DRIVER DR/ATT TO DR MV NOT AUTH BY LIC TYPE (MV)

aM I SCREWED OR DID THEY MAYBE MAKE A MISTAKE? TIA

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
contact the clerk of the court and find out for sure if its points (i think it is because its a moving violation). then refer to your case number and find who presided over your case, write them a letter saying you didnt know better and now want to attend traffic school to delete the points.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Even if that is on record you can explain on your application or in an interview that you where not ticketed for a wreckless act, only because your permit had expired before you made it to the DMV. That's a short term fix, then follow cpriordan's advice to get it removed. "hopefully"
Also, a traffic ticket lawyer should be able to get the points removed from your record for a reasonble price.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help, it just pisses me off cause the cop specifically said its a no point ticket, and I really dont think he was trying to lie to me...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Also because he told you it was a no-point ticket really doesn't mean Jack!
They forget from time to time what laws are in effect and which ones don't apply.
Attend a defensive driver class and have the points removed as stated earlier.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have never heard of a ticket for riding on a learners permit. I know guys who have been riding on a permit for years and as long as you wear a helmet and ride solo there is no prob. here in Ky. How are you going to learn with a permit to learn if you dont ride and what kind of sense does a ticket for riding on a learners permit make except revenue?

·
Registered
843 Posts
ummm.... how can you get points on your license if you only had a permit?? Isn't that contradictory to the fact??

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
In Indiana if you have a permit,you can only ride while riding along side with another licensed rider.
This way if you get into a panic and crash the other rider can call for help,administer first aid.
Theres also stipulations time of day you can ride,and distance from your home address.
So states vary on the legalality of learners permits and how you violate your privileges as a beginner on a permit.
Points can follow you from permit to actual license based on that social sercurity number in your wallet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts