Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Power Commander III on a 05 ZX10R. The unit went bad after almost 2 years. A co worker of mine also had his go bad on a FZ6. :dontknow: Have any of you had or heard of a problem? My local shop says for control units,Dynojet PC's go down the most. Even thou they sell alot of them.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
This isn't sounding good now is it?
I wonder, out of the units that went bad, how many didn't have adiquate air flow. Maybe a tool plug kit on top of the unit makes them over heat? Vibration? Lot of money to last only 24 months!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
I have never heard on one actually going bad, I have ran them on three different bikes and never had an issue with them.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Wow, I'd really like to know because I may have to put a bag on mine to prevent getting wet/moist for my winter commute.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I got mine second hand off fleabay and haven't had a single problem other than being a complete retard when it comes to downloading maps. :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I have never heard on one actually going bad, I have ran them on three different bikes and never had an issue with them.
:+1: I've never heard of or had any issues.

·
Registered
474 Posts
The Power Commander is one the better units out there.We install 2 to 3 of these a month.So even on the low side that's 24 a year.

Only had 3 bad in 3 years.2 were installed by the customer and mounted in a bad spot.Guy with a TRX680 Rincon mounted it to the frame right above the exhaust.Melted the bottom of it.Another gentleman with a R6 mounted it in the tail section,but against the frame in a high vibration area.Last one on a YFM700 Rator just when bad.
Mounting location is very important!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
in the past 2 years at the shop i was working at I saw about 3-4 go bad but dynojet is real good about fixing things.....

I have their PC3, ign module, hub, and quick shifter and they are all working fantastic

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I never had one go bad but have worked on some bikes that are bound to have them go bad. Water and dirt and dust and all that mojo all over it. I think its important to secure it down good too.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I only bought a Power Commander when I first got my bike. It was bad out of the Box. The company replaced it no Problem even though I bought from a non distributor....now that's service. I only have a slip-on so ended up selling it on ebay I believe so don't have one....plus I liked beating bikes that have one as well against my stock bike. :crackup::mrgreen:

even though I'm serious I'm sure I would like it with the slip-on and a custom map just never became a priority for me :badteeth::dontknow:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I mounted mine under the seat where the servo for the exh. buterfly valve was. Service manager said more Dyno jet units go bad than any other, BUT they also sell the most units by far. He would put another one on his bike, that is what he told me.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Almost two years for me and no problems at all. Just make sure your using the right maps for your set up.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts