Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title states, about how many miles do you guys go?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
well i have the k&n, so i can just do the restoral on it, but i'm not sure how often that should be done.

with that in mind, how often do you guys restore your k&n filter?

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Every spring for me, which so far has equalled out to 3500 miles on the first air filter, then 4500 miles on the previous one.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
New filter every spring on my last 3 bikes:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
still rocking the stock one (it was cleaned out at 10,000) now I need to change it and my oil soon.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Just changed mine at 7500 to K&N. I cleaned the stock one out once before that too. Glad I changed it.... it was getting really dirty.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have right at 10 on mine.. I was getting ready to order some goodies and that was going to be one of them.

Right now I cant decide whether I should get a BMC Race or a K&N?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good thing I went with the BMC race then lol.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Just scanning through the Owner's Manual, for my second gen it says new air filter every 12,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
When it gets too dirty.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I doubt you can lose horsepower by going to a K&N, it wouldnt make any sense because the stock one has that mesh grill thing and is paper.

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
just what I read on here the other day...every ten thousand miles is what a motorcycle maintenance book I have sais. Keep her clean and she'll be just fine.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think people that say they can notice a difference in power after a filter change are diluted.... or have a really cloged filter to start with. Buy it because it’s reusable and has the potential to give you more HP. If there is a difference in HP between BMC and K&N it’s going to be a negligible one.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I changed my stock to a BMC at the beginning of the season. I installed the street version and I can feel a big difference over stock.

·
Registered
226 Posts
FWIW, I just installed a K&N and noticed a difference. The filter I replaced had 7000~ miles on it, and I just cleaned it out a few weeks ago. After cleaning it, I decided to go ahead and just replace it. If you guys want, I can put the stock filter back in, dyno it, switch to the K&N, dyno again. That way you can know for sure if there is a gain. Hell, we can play around with all different filters if you guys want. Anybody near Columbus have a BNC filter?

·
Registered
22 Posts
check mine when ever im in there other wise 2-3000 mls with a k&n it doesnt matter costs nothing!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts