Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i saw say 190mph on my speedo what tru mph was i actually doing if i were to GPS it. I have stock gearing on my 2007 zx10

·
Registered
844 Posts
your speedo only goes to 189 , and stock gearing you're show'n 5-7 faster than what you're do'n.they say that they will only do about 181-stock.

·
Registered
598 Posts
When I took mine to the dyno it toped out at 182 with stock gearing. I don't know what the speedo said but that was as fast as she would go without wind resistance.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see thats funny cause when i got a custom tune mine hit 197mph on the dyno.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont know what the bike speedo read tho since i was not in the dyno room. i have personally seen 187 on the road one time and i backed off as soon as i got but she had more

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't know before numbers because i had them mod and custom tune before i picked it up for the first time. It was broken in on the dyno. i walked in when they were finishing it up on the dyno and i saw 197 with my eyes. is there a possibility i saw something else, absolutely. he did mention that there were good gains tho. i was never into the hole dyno and proving numbers thing. i can personally care less. i did it for tuning cause i wanted to run great.

·
Registered
598 Posts
i don't know before numbers because i had them mod and custom tune before i picked it up for the first time. It was broken in on the dyno. i walked in when they were finishing it up on the dyno and i saw 197 with my eyes. is there a possibility i saw something else, absolutely. he did mention that there were good gains tho. i was never into the hole dyno and proving numbers thing. i can personally care less. i did it for tuning cause i wanted to run great.
Sweet, I saw the other 06 they have listed on their site and it dyno-ed right around where mine did. You do have a full exhaust though (I have slip ons). I'm trying to decide if I want to pay to have it fully tuned or not.... I would love for mine to read 180 on an eddy =)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whats the diff between eddy and dynojet type numbers wise?

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
T Double D
870 Posts
bikes are way way off when i was running through the traps at maxton i had my speedo healer set to 5.2 as per speedo healers website and it was actually like 12.2 percent too high when i went throught the speed traps at 180 + mph so when your bike is reading 180 your doing low 160s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts