Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't have a clue who he is. Just came across the link on another site. That shit HAD to HURT! As they say though, if yer dumb ya gotta be tough...

Oh yeah... DO NOT click the link if blood bothers you...Fair warning...

http://www.cbr600f4.com/secondary_pages/seajay.html

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
LOL..Damn that bring's back memories,i did the exact same thing back in 1986 when i had my 84 ninja900.Had it up on the center stand & was idleing in first, had a rag in my hand wipping off the excess oil (just oiled the chain) when the rag got cought in the sprocket,ripped 1/2 in off my finger....lesson learned the hard way very dumb thing to do...lol

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
He's lucky it only got the tips of two fingers, could have been worse. Damn. I guess, if you HAVE to lube it in gear, make sure you use the straw that comes with the lube, and stay back. I'll do mine with the engine off and slop box in neutral thanks.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i do mine with the engine off and just spin the tires while its on a stand

·
Registered
223 Posts
Did the same thing when I was 17, but a bit lukyer !
I saved my left thumb (i'm left handed !) by pulling like a bull on my trapped glove that was between the chain and the teeths. I had enough power to get it out of there...and to break the thumb. 35 steeches and 4 one inch screws on that finger !
I managed to do the job I wanted (fighter pilot) but that was the scare of my life...
Now I lube the chain with the bike's key in my pocket!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts