Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about switching colors this winter from Plasma Blue to '06 green, and was thinking about whether I should just paint the existing body, try to set up a trade, or sell it and buy a brand new '06 body.

If I went with the sale route, what should I ask for flawless blue plastics, every single piece, with a cowl, screen and gas tank?

I really have no idea where to start...here's a pic, well....because I like pics.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
I'd say around $1300-1500 for the complete set. If you don't get any bites at that price then you can work it slowly down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I switched my from Solar Yellow this year to black. I paid 850.00 for the black set which I purchased from a forum member and then I turned around and sold the yellow set for 750.00. How else can you get a 100 paint job. I recommend finding your new set and then selling yours since you will then have an asking price. I thought about a custom color but I really liked the idea of buying replacement OEM pieces down the road if I needed them.

I would think someone would trade blue for green if nothing else just for a change.

·
Registered
844 Posts
myself , i like have'n 2 of everything for my bikes ,i would shop around and pick the green here and there and have both.if you want to change now , you might want to change again.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I WOULD like to keep the blue set and have two, but I would probably just end up selling the other set eventually anyway. I may offer it up for trade in the the Sale section sometime in the next few days.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'd say around $1300-1500 for the complete set. If you don't get any bites at that price then you can work it slowly down.
You can buy a brand new set of Kawasaki plastics off Ebay painted in any color you want for $1500, so that might be a little much IMO. $750-$800 sounds about right to me.

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
i found a set just checking the web under (cheap plastic for zx 10r 2006) and a company out of cal for 450.00 brand new with wind screen,they normally sell for 900.00 but this was a bargin item that had a slight crack in nose piece said to be easly repaired.and they made top shelf product acc to them.for ama and stuff. ill try to relocate site if you want.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
You can buy a brand new set of Kawasaki plastics off Ebay painted in any color you want for $1500, so that might be a little much IMO. $750-$800 sounds about right to me.
His comes with a tank and is stated OEM pristine. It is worth what I quoted, trust me, I've bought a new full set before and paid more.

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
i found a set just checking the web under (cheap plastic for zx 10r 2006) and a company out of cal for 450.00 brand new with wind screen,they normally sell for 900.00 but this was a bargin item that had a slight crack in nose piece said to be easly repaired.and they made top shelf product acc to them.for ama and stuff. ill try to relocate site if you want.:mrgreen:
www.NiceCycle.com :thumbsup:[/url] ,400.00(my mistake) under kawasaki,clearence section.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
www.NiceCycle.com :thumbsup:[/url] ,400.00(my mistake) under kawasaki,clearence section.
Yeah, for aftermarket ABS...yuck.

I saw that link on eBay for $800, that's probably about where I'll start..I have the solo cowl too, so we'll see.

I found a green tank in Seattle for cheap, proably sned my brother to buy it and then I'll start looking for some plastics.

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
Yeah, for aftermarket ABS...yuck.

I saw that link on eBay for $800, that's probably about where I'll start..I have the solo cowl too, so we'll see.

I found a green tank in Seattle for cheap, proably sned my brother to buy it and then I'll start looking for some plastics.
did ya look at the green set for 399 they say ebay farings suck and theres are as good as oem:dontknow:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had great luck trading out complete tank & all plastic set for 08 zx10

traded my black for green & the trade overall worked out great !

I was quoted 650.00 to paint everything
& also I had priced out all complete new tank & plastic = 1500.00 OTD
could have probably sold all my black stuff for 800-$900 max realistically

a trade is going to be your best deal IMHO if you can find someone to go for it !

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
I WOULD like to keep the blue set and have two, but I would probably just end up selling the other set eventually anyway. I may offer it up for trade in the the Sale section sometime in the next few days.
i would like to keep the blue set and have two.:rolleyes:for 400$ you mean you couldnt sell them later down the road for 400$,with a smoke wind screen to boot.it was a 900$ set but because of a small crack easy fix im thinkin how bad could it be,just sayin.i sarted puttin my second set together already up to 200 doin it piece by piece and only got 50% way there.and still got to paint myself.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The aftermarket kits just don't do it for me for the most part...sure, they may be close to OEM, and maybe most poeple can't tell, but I can. It's OEM or nothing if I decide to do the swap.

I think I am going to try to piece a green set together over the next month or two, then see where I end up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts