Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ported head,3mil 13:1 JE pistons and Kawi intake cam, Brocks SS system,four short stacks and mapped.Hope this thing runs.should be done by the end of this week.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It dynoed at 154.8 on a Factory Pro dyno with the stock motor with bolt ons and mapped on mr9. I am expecting at least 15 more HP,does that sound right to some of you guys with similar mods?Really I guess it really doesnt matter how much power it makes just as long as I see a gain with the new engine.

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you use MRX01 i bet you could see 185rwhp easy with that and probably 190rwhp. I wouldn't advise MR9 though if you are going 13.1 and a thin head gasket.

If you are already running 150mph on 154rwhp something seems strange unless you weigh like 135lbs suited. Must be some sweet DA at your track...LOL

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
On that factory pro dyno you might be closer to 170rwhp. 185 is a bit high since I've seen ZX14 modded barely crack 180rwhp on Raul's dyno. I made 151rwhp on pump 91 on his dyno.

·
Registered
318 Posts
On that factory pro dyno you might be closer to 170rwhp. 185 is a bit high since I've seen ZX14 modded barely crack 180rwhp on Raul's dyno. I made 151rwhp on pump 91 on his dyno.
Yes - factory pro's run about 12% less...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you use MRX01 i bet you could see 185rwhp easy with that and probably 190rwhp. I wouldn't advise MR9 though if you are going 13.1 and a thin head gasket.

If you are already running 150mph on 154rwhp something seems strange unless you weigh like 135lbs suited. Must be some sweet DA at your track...LOL
I weighed around 170 suited back when I ran that number.I weigh 175 in street clothes now.I need to get back down to race weight.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I weighed around 170 suited back when I ran that number.I weigh 175 in street clothes now.I need to get back down to race weight.
Very very strange for only 154rwhp. You wouldn't run that mph with that rwhp here in FL...

Good run though - congrats...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Around the Dyno's here most likely.....175'is You will surely push 180 fo sho at your region but just try some hi octain or even mix it with 93.

Have a great time with that beast. :wink:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very very strange for only 154rwhp. You wouldn't run that mph with that rwhp here in FL...

Factory Pro dynos dont read the high numbers that Dynojet dynos do.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts

no way to know until he does :headshake

BD

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I would think a 10 - 15 increase in rwhp is reasonable.
I just got a 10 rwhp increase with cam and full exahaust.
it's a dyno jet though.
Smiley

·
Registered
51 Posts
For the technically minded who want to know the difference between True Hp as compared to Dynojet hp, read this http://www.factorypro.com/dyno/true1.html.

All that related to an "average reading" dynojet dyno and this
(http://www.factorypro.com/magazine/mag_cyclecanada_Dynojet_dyno.html) article explains why there needs to be an "average reading" qualifier (as the 3 dynojets all read differently - as much as plus or minus 5% to 7%.

Hope that helps understand hp and why people say "you have to use the same dynojet dyno" when you are doing your tuning if you want to know how much power you gained -

And why Dynojet numbers are higher that the real True HP numbers in the first place:
http://www.factorypro.com/magazine/dynojet_dyno_inflated_hp_reason.html
Who would have thought that the guy who started dj simply made up the hp numbers?

It's, potentially, not as critical to use the exact "same" dyno, if it's non-dynojet, but even then, some other brand dynos have tricks that the dyno manufacturer left in, to allow the dyno owner to bump up the numbers to real higher than True hp and you have to be careful about that.

If you see "True HP" advertised, and it's a Steady State test, it's probably comparable, within a couple % to another dyno that reads True HP in a Steady State test

If we get into dealership level dyno Sweep Tests - that's where even more test procedural errors that affect "displayed power" sprout up (further adding to the HP mess that our USA magazines have) -
That's just another reason why Sweep Tests, while the most common test at a dealership, are also the types of tests with the most potential error as optimal dyno tuning "not" relating to optimal Real World performance.

Factory Pro didn't add the "bump factor" into their EC997 dyno software, so the dyno owner would have a hard time inflating hp numbers - and in theory (and mostly in practice), most all the EC997's in the world, read about the same in Steady State.

Thanks -

Marc

1 - 20 of 20 Posts