Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have installed the race intake and race exhaust . i hear that most are running the stock exhaust with the race intake do to more lift. So am i losing alot of:dontknow: HP?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TMY no i haven't. Strkd50, so am i loosing alot? basically is it worth going back into the engine and swapping it out and going threw all the trouble of re shimming????

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
You shouldnt be loosing anything other than a little bit of low end, which is just getting moved to the top. Alot is going to depend on cam timing as well. Lots of guys are running the kit cams with good gains, I am going with the same cams in mine as we speak.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i know using both cams and deg. to race specs 110/111 the bike pulls hard. i will creep on the zx14 that was dynotuned with full exhaust and my bike wasnt tuned nor the cams deg. at the time. now i have deg. them but not tuned it just using someones elses dyno tune that had the same cams and head gasket in a gen 1. and she pulls. i now ride in 4 on back road rather then 3rd gear :^)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yup seems to be pretty good. can use some tweaking thow judging from my wideband but not much

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
next is my timing map. need to fine someone that has one so i can look at it and get a good idea on wats going on with it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
nope i guess fuel requirements are close. Anyway i figure if a buy an autotune it should finish the tune for me. im having a problem with my pc5 thow. it will not calibrate the throttle correctly. it keeps forgetting its setting and starts to run like crap.so im running a pc3 for now

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Just keep the pc3 and the wego,it will tell ya the mapping required..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts